× Members

Therapy and Treatment

More
8 years 1 month ago #155488 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
Thistlelass

I've merged all of your posts into one topic as they are all about your PIP claim, please make any further posts as replies to this topic. :)

I'm afraid Managing Treatments only applies to therapy and treatments carried out in the home, you would also need to show that it was prescribed by a registered –

(a) doctor;
(b) nurse; or
(c) pharmacist.

As to the calls to prompt you to perform "daily living tasks", you would need to explain why you need these and what would happen if you did not receive them, also why something like an alarm clock could not perform a similar function, These calls would not be specific to the Managing Therapies activity.

Have a look at the PIP Claim guide for a better understanding of the issues.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155545 by Thistlelass
Replied by Thistlelass on topic PIP
Thank you Gordon. I did not transfer from DLA. I have been on PIP from January 2014. I had just wondered whether or not the payment would stop dead from the day of the decision letter or 4 weeks from my last benefit day, which was the 15th March, that's all.

I understand about the treatment and therapy etc, and the alarm clock etc. I suppose I would be saying that where I do not receive the backup from a human being I not only do not do the daily living tasks, but will not be turning up at the 'therapy' which helps keep me alive and stable. It is very important to my recovery. Without it I will deteriorate in my mental health and overall condition.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155554 by Gordon

Thistlelass wrote: Thank you Gordon. I did not transfer from DLA. I have been on PIP from January 2014. I had just wondered whether or not the payment would stop dead from the day of the decision letter or 4 weeks from my last benefit day, which was the 15th March, that's all.

I understand about the treatment and therapy etc, and the alarm clock etc. I suppose I would be saying that where I do not receive the backup from a human being I not only do not do the daily living tasks, but will not be turning up at the 'therapy' which helps keep me alive and stable. It is very important to my recovery. Without it I will deteriorate in my mental health and overall condition.

Unless there is reason for another date to be used then benefit Decisions always apply from the day that they are made.

If you follow the step by step approach listed in the PIP Claim guide you should be able to explain what your limitations are and how they impact on your ability to complete each of the PIP activities.

Make sure you have a good read of the section that covers "reliably and that you understand the usage of the "majority of days".

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #156489 by Thistlelass
Morning - I have now received a copy of the ATOS report. It is very scant!! Probably reflects the relatively short space of time I was with him. It also contains quite a few inaccuracies. What is the best way to tackle that? I have until the 11th May to submit further evidence for the reconsideration. I am on Topiramate as mood stabiliser and for acohol dependence. He has it down for migraine! It is used for that but that is not why I take it!!

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #156522 by Gordon

Thistlelass wrote: Morning - I have now received a copy of the ATOS report. It is very scant!! Probably reflects the relatively short space of time I was with him. It also contains quite a few inaccuracies. What is the best way to tackle that? I have until the 11th May to submit further evidence for the reconsideration. I am on Topiramate as mood stabiliser and for acohol dependence. He has it down for migraine! It is used for that but that is not why I take it!!

Although it can be tempting to launch into criticising the assessment report, your primary goal must be to show that your meet the criteria for the award you feel you should receive. so go through the PIP Claim guide with you PIP2 and the assessment report, explain why you meet a Descriptor with reference to your evidence where you can and then show why the assessors conclusions are incorrect.

Try to deal with facts wherever possible, you are unlikely to make much impression in tackling the assessors opinions unless you can show that they are fundamentally wrong. Also, avoid highlighting the trivial issues in the report as you risk diluting your response.

Gordon

More
8 years 18 hours ago #158462 by Thistlelass
Hi

I had to submit all evidence for the evidence for the MR by the 11th May and I duly did that. I am now left wondering how long they can take for the reconsideration? I know it gets passed to a different DM. Will it take weeks, please? Any guidance appreciated. A tense time. I sent them a new submission of my own as suggested - tried to highlight where I met the descriptors etc/where the assesment report fell short in that respect. Also three reports - from a Psychiatrist, GP and Addaction Project worker. Fingers crossed!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.