× Members

PIP assesment today at home

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155772 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP assesment today at home
Hi Metoyou

Sorry you are so worried about your home assessment;

I think the main thing to bear in mind is that the assessor is coming to compare what you have said in your application form with how you actually are. If you went to be assessed at a centre, they would not be able to pass comment or judgement on anything but what you tell them or what they see. There might be some query as to how you manage to keep so neat and tidy, but I'm sure you have some help with that. Some people are tidy by nature, some are not.

As for having someone with you, it is not compulsory - it is more a matter of some moral support!! Remind yourself carefully of what you said in your application; don't say any more than you are asked to say (don't just chatter to fill up any silences).

Just be yourself, as best you can given the circumstances. And good luck :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: metoyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #156194 by metoyou
Replied by metoyou on topic PIP assesment today at home
Hi everyone,Had my assesment today from dla to pip.Home assesment.Suffer from bi polar copd and angina.Sent in lots of supporting letters from people that help me etecWas expecting at least an hour for the assesment,it was thirty five minutes!Asked me questions about how does my condition affect me etc.Didnt see me walking didnt check me physically amazed not medical.My daughter was here let the lady in.When she was going i attempted to get out of my chair when she went to shake my hand and she told me not to get up it.I cant undertand how this assesment went.I suffer from arthritus so imagined she would want to see how far i could walk ete as i put on form no more than twenty meters and that was difficult so i thought she would want to check that but she didnt!Any advice?either she didnt think it was worth carrying on for an hour or what? anyone else had a similiar experience?More importantly what could or was the outcome.Thank you

More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #156197 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assesment today at home
Hi metoyou,

I have merged all your questions relating to your PIP claim into one topic as it helps us enormously if everything relating to one claim is kept in the same place!

I'm afraid it is not possible to guess the outcome of the claim from the way the assessment was conducted. We have had members who thought the assessment went well and are very disappointed with the result and others who feel that everything went wrong eventually delighted with the result!

All you can do now is cross your fingers and wait. I believe decisions are taking upwards of 8 weeks for many people now.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #156210 by metoyou
Replied by metoyou on topic PIP assesment today at home
thank you.I have no idea how to post topics in one place as gordon has instructed.
I am sorry to keep posting things in the wrong place.I am new to this forum only joined a few months ago.How do i know to keep my topics in one place and not create extra work for the moderators

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #156216 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assesment today at home

metoyou wrote: thank you.I have no idea how to post topics in one place as gordon has instructed.
I am sorry to keep posting things in the wrong place.I am new to this forum only joined a few months ago.How do i know to keep my topics in one place and not create extra work for the moderators

You've managed it with your latest post, just use the reply to this topic rather than using the New Topic button. :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #156220 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assesment today at home
As Gordon says, you have done it exactly right :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.