× Members

PIP assesment today at home

More
8 years 1 month ago #155324 by metoyou
Replied by metoyou on topic PIP assesment today at home
Hi everyone.Got letter today home assesment in couple of weeks.Requested one onmy pip application form.I suffer fromCOPD and Bi Polar disorder.Can i have some advice on Home Assesments.What are they like dont know what to expect worried about feeling awkward in my home.No one available to be with me all at work on that day.Also will atos have my application form and doctors letters sent in with the form etc?Any advice or comments would be welcome
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #155325 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assesment today at home
metoyou

Home assessments for PIP are not significantly different from those held at the Assessment Providers own offices, there a section at the back of the PIP guide that covers the process and has a list of questions that you may be asked.

Don't do anything that is not part of your normal daily activities, don't feel that you need to get washed and dressed if this is something that you would not normally do and certainly don't clear up if it's messy.

You can choose which room you are assessed in and they have no authority to ask to see anywhere else. If you have problems preparing and cooking a meal, then don't offer them a drink :) although I understand they have instructions not to accept it if you do, just in case you poison them :laugh:

They should have your PIP2 and documents with them and are supposed to have gone through them prior to the appointment, but we have heard of assessors not having them on the day.

Some assessors make a habit of turning up early so just be aware of this.

I know you have said that no one is available to be with you, but I would recommend your asking around again, it can feel pretty lonely being asked questions for an hour or so and a friendly face may make it a bit easier.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155336 by metoyou
Thank you Gordon,i have been in reciept of DLA both high rate since 2008 does this give claimants any advantage?Also i have been given an appointment in between half ten and half twelve so they could call anytime inbetween those two hours.I will read the guides again,i am a nervous wreck already.thank you

More
8 years 1 month ago #155337 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assesment today at home
The criteria for PIP are very different from those for DLA so I don't think you will necessarily have a big advantage. You will have a decent chance if you used our guides to help you complete the PIP form.

You say that the assessor can arrive any time between 10.30 and 12.30 but, in reality, they can come any time during the day - or not at all!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: metoyou

More
8 years 1 month ago #155365 by Joby
Replied by Joby on topic PIP assesment today at home
Hi metoyou,
I had my DLA to PIP assessment 12 days ago so am just waiting to hear the results.
Honestly don't worry about it it is ok! The assessor came to my house, I answered the door. I offered her a cup of tea

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #155757 by metoyou
Hello everyone.I have home assesment shortlyi suffer bi polar and angina.My home is immaculate spotless will this go against me i cant possibly leave it untidy because of the visit will this go against me.I still cant get anyone to be with me as they are all either at work or have appointments on that day.Will that also go against me i dont do well with strangers but have seen psychiatrist by myself at hospital appointments.so worried dont know what to do for the best.I feel that if i am by myself for assesment then at least i am not trying to impress the assesor by having someone with me.Can anyone advise me please.Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.