× Members

PIP daily diary

More
7 years 10 months ago #161107 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP daily diary
Chrissy

I have made part of your post confidential, this means that only you and the Mods can see the content, if you ask I will delete the content completely.

I'm not judging but there are serious issues with what you describe, I strongly advise you to speak to your GP about these issues.

To try and answer your questions.

You say that you have issues with going out and I assume would hope to score points for this, if you then go out to this group, unless your explanations on how you manage this are accepted, then your doing so will undermine your case for scoring points.

What I am saying is that the risk of not scoring points for Going Out may be a reasonable trade off for the improvements in your conditions that might result from your attending this group, it's a decision that only you can make.

As an example of care needs, if you have issues with managing your toilet needs how would you deal with these at the group. If you have problems with Eating and Drinking and need to take eat or drink while you are out, how would you manage. It may be that you have no care needs that would be impacted by your going out, but you do need to ask yourself the question.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrissy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161174 by Chrissy

Gordon wrote: Chrissy

I have made part of your post confidential, this means that only you and the Mods can see the content, if you ask I will delete the content completely.

I'm not judging but there are serious issues with what you describe, I strongly advise you to speak to your GP about these issues.

To try and answer your questions.

You say that you have issues with going out and I assume would hope to score points for this, if you then go out to this group, unless your explanations on how you manage this are accepted, then your doing so will undermine your case for scoring points.

What I am saying is that the risk of not scoring points for Going Out may be a reasonable trade off for the improvements in your conditions that might result from your attending this group, it's a decision that only you can make.

As an example of care needs, if you have issues with managing your toilet needs how would you deal with these at the group. If you have problems with Eating and Drinking and need to take eat or drink while you are out, how would you manage. It may be that you have no care needs that would be impacted by your going out, but you do need to ask yourself the question.

Gordon

Hi Gordon
Thanks for getting back and answering my ?'s.

Pls could you tell me why you made some of my form confidential? Is it because people may judge?

Thank you for explaining care needs while out.
I live on microwave meals, too depressed to cook, rustlers burgers are quick and easy. While out, I either take food or eat out but I always have to have those unprescribed opiates to get me out in the first place.
My GP knows about all my problems and my CPN has been given messages as shes hard to get hold of and doesnt book appointments to see me.

I appreciate your answers. The assessor could hold it against me that I have to use unprescribed drugs to go out.
Even though it has been proven that drug misuse is a SYMPTOM, of a painful childhood, by the more progressive scientists, etc, the old ways still persist, and the persist in all walks of life, we really do need to drag ourselves into the 21st century and have more compassion for people who neeed to use to get through the day.
Anyway, that's by the by, it's made me left with a decision, do I tell the PIP people I need illicit drugs to get out of the house? or do i not, in case they hold it against me?
Is that what you mean?

I am sorry I don't know what you mean by reasonable trade off, do you mean the PIP people could tell me that I could continue to take ilicit drugs if i have to go out, and stop my money, even though I class it as a care need? and a mobility need??
The drugs can make me pretty wobbly and I have fallen and bruised my eye socket yesterday.

Call me paranoid, but I think they dont want us to get well.

Anyway, I was watching a video about a man who I think has been invited to claim PIP, and on the video was a DWP recorded message saying "we are reducing waiting times pip asswments and expect that most people will have their assessment assessments 16 weeks or less, once we receive your "how your disability affects you form"

Does this mean, in the next 16 weeks, we will all be invited to apply for pip including us DLA claimants?

thank you so much for answering all my questionos, you are helping me a lot

More
7 years 10 months ago #161194 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP daily diary
Chrissy

No they are referring to the time it takes to process a PIP claim from initial contact to a Decision.

DLA claimants with an indefinite award are being called at random and it is expected to take several years before the process is completed.

As to it being a trade off. You need to consider the long term value to your health of attending this group versus the possibility that your doing so might (not necessarily will), reduce the possibility of your receiving a Mobility award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrissy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.