× Members

PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken

More
7 years 10 months ago #161866 by Gordon

KayMarie94 wrote: If I do choose to go for a MR - how do I go about this? Do I have to phone them and ask or can I just go ahead and start writing a letter? (Sorry if this has already been asked, I'm in a massive flap and mad rush this morning) :blink:

Have a look at the PIP Appeal guide which explains the process there are template letters in the PIP section that you can use to make the request.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162114 by KayMarie94
Replied by KayMarie94 on topic PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken
Thank you - much appreciated. Might have missed it but pretty sure I didn't see it, if a MR is successful, does it still get backdated to the point at which you first started the claim? Thanks in advance!

More
7 years 10 months ago #162124 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken

KayMarie94 wrote: Thank you - much appreciated. Might have missed it but pretty sure I didn't see it, if a MR is successful, does it still get backdated to the point at which you first started the claim? Thanks in advance!

Yes :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KayMarie94

More
7 years 10 months ago #162131 by KayMarie94
Replied by KayMarie94 on topic PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken
I really appreciate you all. Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 10 months ago #162146 by MJ
Hi, my son has bpd,ptsd & maladaptive coping skills he hates traveling shopping communicating being around people he's stressed anxious about everything he applied for pip and it was turned down did m/r still refused on the letter they said because his anxieties make him fear for his life when shopping and that he's on high alert and work out escape routes n scenarios in his head of situations he won't make eye contact nothing, in refusal letter it said we accept he has disability but the chances of any of that happening was virtually zero well yeah but to him it's real the chances of it happening is on a scale of 100 to him I was so angry they said that so we went to tribunal and he won and got enhanced rate for 3 years they said they couldn't give mobility because when he walks anywhere he doesn't he runs so he doesn't meet anyone or make eye contact so he has no mobility problems which is right.I've looked after him for five years and I felt no were gonna carry on to tribunal! if you do go down tribunal route they listen to you they ask the questions more relevant to you rather then read from a scripted form as they do at assessment. I'm not gonna lie I was stressed I sorted all forms out I went through the forms from the assessment wrote down what I felt was wrong I didn't bombard info onto my son because he wouldn't have coped I said one more meeting to talk about the impact of daily life. They said you've won get your doctor to get you more support from mental health team. It was a relief that someone understood the impact mental health had on him.

More
7 years 10 months ago #162164 by Littlebipolar
Replied by Littlebipolar on topic PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken
This is so sad to hear. I myself have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder as well as bi polar anxiety and some physical health issues . I really do hope your successful and pls keep us updated . I have my assessment next week and I'm an emotional wreck

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.