× Members

PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken

More
7 years 8 months ago #165211 by KayMarie94
Replied by KayMarie94 on topic PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken
So, I spent a long time writing my MR for PIP. Stated in the MR that I would have liked to have complained about my assessors remark, but couldn't remember her name. Low and behold a few days later I had a letter from ATOS come through saying they were investigating the complaint and they would let me know they outcome. Brilliant. A few weeks later what a surprise they rubber stamped my reconsideration and was still awarded no points. I admitted defeat. A few weeks layer, today I received a letter from ATOS stating I had every reason to be upset, but that there was no evidence to make certain she had actually said what I had stated she had said. On the next page there was a printout of her apology - hang on, surely an apology is her admitting it and therefore evidence? But apparently not. At the end of their letter, they explained that they think I should ask for a mandatory reconsideration. I was shocked, they think I should ask for one?! As I'm sure ATOS mentioning they think I should have one would maybe sway their decision, but then again, probably not! It's a shame I already have and got rejected!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165215 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken
Hi KM,

You have nothing to lose by sending a copy of the letter to DWP and asking them to look at your claim again. The worst they can do is say 'no'!

You can certainly use the letter for your appeal, if it gets that far. However, you should remember that discrediting the assessor/assessment is not what will get you an award of PIP. You will only do this by showing how and why you score points against the descriptors.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165628 by KayMarie94
A couple of weeks after my PIP assessment, I had dreaded reassessment of ESA claim. Had the obvious suspicions that this assessment would go just as badly and humiliating as the PIP one but my how shocked I was. Lady was so, so lovely. Told me to provide as much detail as possible, asked me the same questions in different ways because she actually knew about ADHD and depression and anxiety and told me she wanted as much detail as possible to make sure the decision maker knew the whole story. Her exact words were "I want to provide enough detail as possible, so I can actually make you sound as poorly as i know you are". Told me I had done so well, told me I was brilliant and amazing and that I should be proud of myself. Also apologised for having to do such a crappy thing the day before my birthday! (Assessment was originally booked for 13th of June, but waited half an hour and was then told by receptionist it would be another 40 minute wait, was told I could reschedule. When I eventually had the assessment on the 7th July she said she didn't blame me for not waiting and was happy that I went home as she understood what a long wait would have done to me) What an extremely lovely lady!! (shame she could not have done my pip assessment. boo-hoo). Yes the assessor was lovely, but also knew that the decision maker was the one who counted. After being told at 17 I would probably never work again, now at 22 I decided to prove them wrong and at least try, (if only for my own sanity, having nothing to wake up for was surely making me worse). It's only 12 hours a week, but so far I've lasted 3 months. It's difficult. But I'm trying. And I hoped that this would have no impact on my ESA but I anticipated the worst. Nearly a month has gone by since my ESA assessment and today I finally received the letter, nothing has changed. Still in the support group and still getting the same amount of money, i feel so lucky and after this success, I'm more than happy to leave PIP well enough alone. Although, no length of award has been stated?
But I'm happy to leave it as it is and not poke the bear. Haha.
Everyone on here, not just the moderators (but obviously them as well), are all amazing and lovely. To the moderators and to everyone posting on here, you are all fantastic and don't let anybody tell you otherwise!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jul

More
7 years 8 months ago #165653 by Gordon
KayMarie

Congratulations on the award.

Forgive me but I do have to ask, are the DWP aware that you are working?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #165687 by unBat412Fd
Replied by unBat412Fd on topic PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken
A big big well done to you!

More
7 years 8 months ago #165805 by KayMarie94
Gordon, DWP know I'm working :) they knew before my assessment and I also mentioned it in my assessment and so was documented in the report again as well as them knowing previously :)
(Made sure I phoned them and made sure I reiterated it again in my assessment to make sure they knew and that everything was above board!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.