× Members

PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken

More
7 years 10 months ago #161024 by KayMarie94
Replied by KayMarie94 on topic PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken
Thank you so much Amanda! I was obviously upset at first, am just plain angry now that she clearly had no idea just how difficult it is, and knowing she was going to have to assess people with "invisible" disabilities she should have known not to pass judgment? Any way, your kind words are much appreciated and I'm so sorry to hear about your issue with doctor, sounds like some people just don't have the people skills you need to work with sickness/disabilities etc! X

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161025 by KayMarie94
Thank-you Mrs Hurtyback I'll get straight onto that tomorrow!

More
7 years 10 months ago #161063 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken
You're very welcome KayMarie. Also, you're right about the lack of people skills. Good luck with everything. It's awful that we should have to, but don't give up your fight. Amanda xx

More
7 years 10 months ago #161098 by marieukxx
Replied by marieukxx on topic PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken
I just had to reply to this because I wanted to give you some support. That assessor was well out of line saying that to you. I just had my assessment today and thank the lord she was very nice and seemed very understanding.

I have severe depression, anxiety and agoraphobia. There are times I am so so very low and in a state crying and wanting to commit suicide. I'm 37 and live at home with my dad. He does everything for me. Like you I feel like I am effectively a child unable to cope on my own. If it wasn't for him God knows what would happen to me. I don't think I could survive.

It's not your fault you are ill. Your boyfriend loves you. Do not let what that assessor said get you down. I am the same I feel guilty I cannot grow up and act like a normal functioning person.

I am lucky that my assessor today was so nice. I told her my new doctor wasn't helping me like my old one and how suicidal I actually am. Just the other night I was desperately googling on effective and easy ways to commit suicide I was in such a state. Dad talked me through it. The assessor is gonna ring and tell the surgery about my concerns with my doctor and how I need some help as I am suicidal. That's probably a given as I said what I said but I want someone to help me.

I don't think I will get PIP but it was nice to have someone listen to me and offer to get me some help. So for that I am glad I applied.

Please don't feel bad, some people just cannot empathise with people like us. My new doctor is one of them unfortunately.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161142 by KayMarie94
Thanks everyone for your help and support! It does mean an awful lot! Received a text today from DWP saying they had all the information they needed to come to a decision about my claim and that they would let me know when they had reached their decision! Fingers crossed!! X
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

More
7 years 10 months ago #161178 by marieukxx
Replied by marieukxx on topic PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken
I hope you get a good outcome :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.