× Members

esa good cause letter

More
7 years 9 months ago #163131 by Livonia
esa good cause letter was created by Livonia
i am in the work group and initially went with a friend as so anxious and dealing with a lot of personal things include my health and also death by suicide of a best friend. I must admit I don't remember a lot of what I said or did last year.

I am hoping with the therapy I have just started to find a way to deal with my anxiety and lift myself out of the depression i have been in. its a slow process so i guess I am probably don't fill well with the esa and propsects (work group) tick boxes.

I had some of the suicidal thoughts back last week and did talk about it and to Samaritans. Plus have had one phone call with a bereavement counsellor.

my prospects advisor agreed we would meet once every two weeks. at my meeting with her she basically said we were behind and insisted on booking me in the following week with meetings with people I don't know. my limitations are that my anxiety fight or flight etc. is very high and its practically impossible for me to do that and meet people I don't know on my own. Also she insisted on a back to back appointment with careers advice and money service to do a back to work assessment.

i decided I couldn't go and was shocked how quickly the jump off the cliff or take or my tablets thoughts returned. I messaged by email and text and explained I had suicidal thoughts and had been very anxious since we last met so had agreed with my therapist for me not to attend. (he does cbt hypnotherapy and used to be an occupational therapist but is now only recognised in solultion focussed hypnotherapy and its only just started.

sorry for the long essay but I was shocked to get a really unpleasant letter from dwp saying I had to show due cause for not attending and also that there is doubt I now qualify for ESA. is this right? how do I reply. My therapist said he thought my gp should write for me if possible as he doubted dwp would accept him as a hypnotherapist.

its seems so heartless when I have missed this one appointment and just adds to my anxiety.
maybe someone could message me some advice please

I have also had a review letter with a form which has to be back by end of the month.

feeling pretty overwhelmed. i saw them last in February so thought I wouldn't get called until maybe september.. I feel at the moment I can't go through it again. Theres no quick fix for mental health problems and we all know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163145 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa good cause letter
Dizzy

The first thing you need to check is whether the missed appointments were declared to you as being mandatory, it should say in the appointment letters whether this is the case or not.

If they have not been defined as mandatory then you should tell the DWP that this is the case and provide a copy of the appointment letters to support this.

If they were mandatory then you will need to show that you could not attend on the day, have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling at the moment, if you have not then you should certainly do this should this situation arise again.

If you did then ask your GP to issue a Fit Note for the period in question, if they are prepared to do so then they should include details of your thoughts at the moment.

If you did not see your GP then you need to explain in detail why you could not attend and this will I'm afraid require you to explain what thoughts you are having at the moment.

If you can make appointments to carry out the requested activities, if you are sanctioned then it will remain in place until the requirements are met.

On a more general note, don't try and deal with this on your own, speak to your GP they can help you with treatment and support.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163967 by Livonia
Replied by Livonia on topic esa good cause letter
I know have to try fill the assessment form in for my review. Is there any new advice about form in light of new guidelines to Maximus

More
7 years 9 months ago #163971 by Gordon

dizzy1997 wrote: I know have to try fill the assessment form in for my review. Is there any new advice about form in light of new guidelines to Maximus

I've emailed the office for an update, but it may be Monday before I hear! The updated WCA Handbook is in the Members Only area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164025 by Livonia
Replied by Livonia on topic esa good cause letter
I am a member

More
7 years 9 months ago #164026 by Gordon

dizzy1997 wrote: I am a member

I know, you wouldn't be able to post if you weren't :)

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.