× Members

esa good cause letter

More
7 years 9 months ago #164088 by Livonia
Replied by Livonia on topic esa good cause letter
The exceptional circumstances applied time so keen to know changes as form due this week

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164125 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa good cause letter

dizzy1997 wrote: The exceptional circumstances applied time so keen to know changes as form due this week

The new guide is unlikely to be available this week you can see the updated guidance in Appendix 6 on page 247 of the new Handbook.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164418 by Livonia
Replied by Livonia on topic good cause letter leading to sanctions,
Dizzy's daughter here been trying to help her today sort out the mess going on with her ESA WRAG problems. Hoping for advice please. We have the guides.

1. Mum's had a worsening of her illness re mental health things and the lady at Prospects the WRAG provider pushed her to attend a meeting with strangers back to back with another with strangers which is them ignoring the safeguarding issues that her logged on her records with Prospects via the JobCentre. Q- should we print that off? Basically she told them via text and email she would not be attending and why - suicidal escalations and this was logged as cancelled appointed (not no show) due to medical reasons. Her GP has today sent a letter to Prospects saying she is not fit to attend in person and asking for telephone appts and explaining why.

2. DWP had written asking for good cause saying her claim was in doubt and showered her with phone calls and texts.... which she doesn't answer due to her problems. We did write to DWP with proof of postage and told prospects we had. I phoned today and they say they have not received the letter and I have to attend at a job centre for her for the information (doc letter and our letter to DWP for them to 'scan' ) they refused to give a fax or email to allow us to email it. I rang because of the letter arriving today putting her money to just 29.00 a week which she can't live on. Even local authority had been notified by them before Mum. Given her current health I feel this is terrible treatment. Where should I complain about both Prospects and how DWP have dealt with her. Surely when someone is suicidal it is wrong to write to her like this.

3. Prospects have sent some paperwork electronicall or paper not sure to DWP stating failed to attend WRAG mandated activities and basically blamed DWP saying they had to send no show. They knew mum didn't attend due to her worsened mental crisis. I am so cross about all this for her. she had a phone call mandated appointment with them last week which she kept and we have a record of what was said.

4. I asked DWP person how we claim a hardship payment as per letter and they said ONLY way we can claim is for me to deliver mum to JOB CENTRE for a face to face interview I mean its impossible. Can this be right - surely this isn't lawful - discriminatory?

5. To add me as a representative to sign for her again she HAS to have a face to face at home. But given her current state that's out of the question. they did speak to me on the phone though.

6. They say they have made a note her reassessment form will be late as she was too exhausted today to look at it and we ran out of time on my day off. Again they will decide if she had cause to be late so they say.

so what to do? She's seeing doctor again friday and doc said they would assist with evidence for the form but its only a ten minute appointment.

Sorry it is so long just not sure who to turn to really. Thanks for reading.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164437 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa good cause letter
Dizzy

You don't include any timescales, it can take up to 10 days for a letter sent to the DWP to reach the intended recipient, I'm afraid the quickest and securest way to get the letters to those who need to see them is for you to make an appointment at you local JC+ and have then scanned and emailed directly.

I would be cautious of taking the statements from Prospects at face value, whilst it is the DWP who actually decide on whether a sanction is warranted, it's the Work Programme Provider who notifies them of a failure and they have discretion on when to do this.

For the Hardship Payments you can ask for a reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act so that a JC+ advisor comes and sees her. but I think you will struggle to get a payment without her being seen at all, so it will be a case of least worst option.

I'm afraid the DWP will insist on seeing Dizzy before they will allow you to be an appointee, I realise it is not a good thing at the moment, but in this case they are trying to protect her best interests.

Given the difficulties you are having you might want to see if you can get face to face advice, the trained advisors at the CAB or your Local Authorities Welfare Rights office, not the voluntary staff, will usually have access directly into the DWP and may be able to short circuit some of the issues you are having. Do an internet search for "welfare advice" with Dizzy's postcode, town or county.

You should also contact Dizzy's MP.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Livonia

More
7 years 9 months ago #164751 by Livonia
Replied by Livonia on topic esa review
The dyspraxia dyslexia report is long was sent last year can we refer them to one previously supplied

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #164789 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa review

dizzy1997 wrote: The dyspraxia dyslexia report is long was sent last year can we refer them to one previously supplied

Only if it was included in this claim/reassessment, otherwise you need to supply a copy with your comments.

Gordon

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Livonia

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.