× Members

Face 2 face medical

More
7 years 10 months ago #158893 by Alisonm7772
Face 2 face medical was created by Alisonm7772
Hi everyone first time posting,
Well the dreaded envelope dropped through the letter box about three and a half weeks ago I put my name and address on it the first week and stared at it for the rest of the time this week I decided to fill it in put my anxiety levels through the roof to say the least but with the help of your guides and my daughters help I've managed to do it,so here is my question if anyone can help me.
My return form date is Monday 23rd of May I'm going to send it Royal Mail guarented tomorrow 19th of May and hope it gets there on time,I
I have written on the form it may be late but,should I phone them to inform them of this as I'm afraid they could stop my ESA if it does not arrive on time for Monday.
Thanks in advance for any replies and advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #158907 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Face 2 face medical
A

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

If you are concerned you can ring the PIP line and let them know when you are posting the envelope and when you anticipate they will receive it, but if you are using a Next Day service I would expect it to be there before Monday and there should be no issues as a result.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alisonm7772

More
7 years 7 months ago #165426 by Alisonm7772
Replied by Alisonm7772 on topic Face 2 face medical
Hi all
After filling in my esa50 wca form back in may I have finally got my f2f medical on this Thursday 11th the letter only arrived on Saturday the 6th,
The questions I'd like to ask are-
Will I still be able to get my medical recorded or is it to late now,as there were many untruths written at my last medical and does the DM listen to the recordings to back up what has been written,
Also will I be able to ask for some where quiet to sit for my social anxiety as I found this very distressing last time sitting with other people in the waiting room as my appointment ran late.
Also I need access to a toilet at all times because of my Ibd,
Can I request these with my appointment only being 2 days away or shall I just turn up and hope for the best any help with this I would be grateful as anxiety levels through the roof.
Alim

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #165450 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Face 2 face medical
Hi Alim,

I have merged your query with the previous one relating to your ESA claim as it helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic.

Have you already requested that the assessment is recorded and you want to check, or would this be a new request?

If this would be a new request it would possibly result in the assessment being rescheduled so that the equipment is in the right place and booked with an assessor who is happy to be recorded. I think this would count as you only allowed rescheduling, meaning that you would have to keep the next appointment - come hell or high water - or risk having your file returned to DWP and claim closed.

As far as a quiet room to wait is concerned - again, you have nothing to lose by asking. It will depend on the venue that is being used and whether there is anywhere appropriate available.

What to expect at the assessment is explained in the ESA guide. You should consider that your assessment begins when you leave home and does not finish until you have left the vicinity of the assessment venue.

ESA claims and appeals

If you have any further questions or comments relating to your ESA, at any stage, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #165470 by Alisonm7772
Replied by Alisonm7772 on topic Face 2 face medical
Thank you for you replying so quickly Mrs hurtyback it's a new request for the medical to be recorded,but now I have had time to think I may just go to the medical with out it being recorded so I can get it over and done with.
I will phone them asking for a quieter room for my social anxiety and access to the toilet thanks for the reassurance and fingers crossed it all goes well I'm just glad my daughter is coming with me.
Best regards Alim

More
7 years 7 months ago #165471 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Face 2 face medical
I am glad you will have someone with you for support :)

You can legally 'covertly' record the interview yourself. However, you must be very careful about this - if it were discovered, the most likely outcome would be that the assessment would be halted and your file returned to DWP saying that you had failed to co-operate.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.