× Members

Won PIP on paper appeal!

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #166083 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Won PIP on paper appeal!
Miss H, that is great news, thanks for letting us know! As you say, it gives hope to other members when they hear of successful appeals, especially paper ones :)

I have merged your message with your previous PIP topic so that anyone who wishes to can see your whole journey.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166119 by Miss Haversham
Replied by Miss Haversham on topic Won PIP on paper appeal!
Thank you

More
7 years 8 months ago #166426 by alison
Replied by alison on topic Won PIP on paper appeal!
hi .
just want to congradulate you on your award ,, it so nice to hear that you managed to succeed doing a paper hearing ,, ,i myslef have been agrophobic for many years ,and i am also appealing for pip ,, wasnt sure wether to go for a paper one or oral ,,but having spoke to a welfare rights worker she did say to me ,as dififcult as i know it will be for you to get through going there it will give them sight of how bad my mh actualy is and will see for themselves . ,,so knowing i was going to have support i asked for a oral appeal,,.,waiting for a date to arrive now and am absoulutely dreading it as the representative i had is now off sick and looks to be long term and she the only one who deals with appeals ,so ime on my own now ,, i bet your relieved it now over with!! well done to you for the work you put into your appeal by yourself as i know doing my own submission has been very stressfull and spent alot of time studying guides etc and collecting medical evidence ,.inbetween having meltdowns and anxiety through been the roof . , ile be glad when it all over with ,,
thanks
alison, x

More
7 years 8 months ago #166727 by Miss Haversham
Replied by Miss Haversham on topic Won PIP on paper appeal!
Thank you Alison x
So sorry to hear what you're going through, agoraphobia is so misunderstood. Have you got someone like family or a friend to go with you?
Just keep emphasising how your agoraphobia and anxiety effects your daily life and how debilitating it is. I gave detailed examples of the extreme distress I felt when having to go out, don't hold back tell them exactly how bad you feel and keep repeating it.
I hope and pray you are successful. If you want to ask me anything please do x

More
7 years 8 months ago #166744 by alison
Replied by alison on topic Won PIP on paper appeal!
hi mrss haversham,
thankyou for your reply back ,yes i agree with you agrophobia is very misunderstood ive sufferd with it for past 4yrs after a traumatic effent i went through ,have been to afraid to go out since and as the years have gone b worse its got, drs dont seem to be much use all ive had is countless amounts of different mediation which doesnt help, been waiting for 3yrs in all with being refferd to MH and now on a waiting list for psychotherpy the past 9mts and stll ime 20th on the list so i been told, ridiculous,.!! ,i have no life at all i just exsist ,rely on my elderly parents and daughter for daily care and needs and just feel a burden to everyone,, i look outside and see people passing by and i so envy them in a nice way ,just wish there was a magic pill you could take to make it all better ,,i have a very good friend who said she will come with me for support but the thought of having to go out and be around people and feel so under pressure being questioned is terrifying ,,but i have to go through with it as ive come this far .!!, it been since feb since putting in the claim so be glad when its all over with ,at least i can say i tried wether it be succsefull or not,, reading your success story is great as it gives other people going through the same some hope ,, thanks alot,.
alison,.x

More
7 years 8 months ago #166772 by unBat412Fd
Replied by unBat412Fd on topic Won PIP on paper appeal!
Yes, and then u get other people saying stupid things like 'you need to get out of that house you do'. Well I'll be blowed why didn't I think of that!
The following user(s) said Thank You: alison

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.