Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Our fortnightly bulletin, with over 80,000 subscribers, is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Find out what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members

TOPIC: Getting an extension to completing PIP2 form

Getting an extension to completing PIP2 form 1 month 2 weeks ago #227255

• Gordon
  • Away
Robbie

There are no significant differences in a home assessment from one carried out in their offices, the time should not be much different either.

Best of luck.

Gordon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Getting an extension to completing PIP2 form 1 month 2 weeks ago #227275

Further update:

My home assessment was due to take place between 10am to noon today. At 9.45am - after having a restless night and being extremely anxious - I received a call from IAS. The HCP who was due to see me had spoken to her manager to express concerns about the suitability of a home assessment in my case and her manager had agreed that it was not appropriate. Without going into details I had detailed on my PIP review forms that at times my mental health problems have caused me to become confrontational when upset and that this has sometimes been interpreted as aggression. I was previously aware that home assessments are not usually given where there could be any sort of perceived risk to the HCP but I'd forgotten about this until I was being told this morning that I would have to attend a consulation centre after all. So my appointment has been rearranged for 28/03, thankfully to the PIP assessment centre which is the closest to me. To be honest I'm now exhausted by all of this. On top of that, yesterday I received my date for an ESA assessment, Monday 18/03. Because of this I'm all over the place at the moment. I just wish I could switch off the anxiety.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Getting an extension to completing PIP2 form 3 weeks 6 days ago #228394

I've now had both my ESA assessment (last Monday) and my PIP assessment (today). Am I correct in thinking that the DWP won't release a copy of the ESA85 until a decision has been made?

Also, with regards to getting a copy of my PA4 for my PIP assessment I believe that the DWP will release this before a decision has been made. I've read advice to just wait a few days after the assessment and to phone up to request a copy. However how safe is it to do this without triggering a decision? I'd rather the DWP take as long they can as I won't be able to better the rate I am on now and there's the risk that I could either lose my award or get the standard care rate. I've read it shouldn't hasten a decision by asking for a copy of the report but when I had to transfer from DLA to PIP back in 2016 I phoned up a week after the assessment to get a copy of the report, was told I had to wait until a decision had been made and a week later a decision was made on my PIP claim (I failed to get it but did so on mandatory reconsideration). Perhaps the quick decision (two weeks to the day after my PIP assessment) was just a coincidence but I don't want to ask for a copy of the PA4 if it just leads to another quick decision.

Getting an extension to completing PIP2 form 3 weeks 6 days ago #228405

• Gordon
  • Away
Robbie

No, the ESA85 won't be released until a Decision has been made.

Your asking for the PA4 will not have any impact whatsoever on the Decision process. You should be able to request it next week without a problem.

Gordon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbie

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Moderators: GordonIzzy1010