× Members

PIP decision

More
6 years 10 months ago #188726 by 9Winnie
Replied by 9Winnie on topic PIP decision
Thanks for your reply. I have decided to leave things as they are and wait until I've had my surgery at which time I will be immobile for a while and have been advised that the recovery will be a long one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #238358 by 9Winnie
Well here I am again.Yesterday a brown envelope arrived through my letterbox. The letter is to review my award and to advise if anything has changed. My condition hasn’t improved in any way and has probably got worse however if I just write no change on the form will this be more favourable for me in keeping the standard rate I receive for both components?

More
4 years 5 months ago #238359 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP decision
Hi Winnie

If you have a look at our up-to-date guides you will see that they advise not to just write 'no change' without putting some sort of explanation in the box.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #239016 by 9Winnie
Just filling in my review form and again I’m a bit confused by the planning and following a journey question. My health issue is my mobility however I cannot use public transport and couldn’t follow an unfamiliar journey on my own.Shoul I write anything in this section?

More
4 years 5 months ago #239028 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP decision
Winnie

Make sure you fully understand the criteria but if you think that you do meet it then you lose nothing by answering the question.

The Going Out activity looks at three things.

Planning a route - this is primarily a cognitive or sensory (e.g. blindness) activity. You are being asked about the problems you would have with working out how to get from one place to another, you do not need to be able to follow the route that you are planning.

Undertaking a Journey - this is to do with mental health issues such as agoraphobia and social anxiety and is concerned with you leaving the house to go somewhere, they will be interested in the things that stop you doing this. You need to show that you would suffer "overwhelming psychological distress" to meet the criteria.

Following a route - This activity about the problems you would have navigating a route. So are there problems; cognitive, sensory or mental health issues that would prevent you from doing this? This is different from undertaking a journey, in fact, if you cannot undertake a journey then you will not score points for following one and vice versa.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #239352 by 9Winnie
Well that’s my review form sent. I know it has been received as it has been signed for. Have you any idea how long it will take before I hear anything. Thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.