× Members

PIP decision

More
6 years 11 months ago #188314 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP decision
Winnie

I can't advise, all I can do is raise the issues that you need to consider.

The most obvious is can you realistically score the extra points you need for an increased award?

Secondly, are you prepared to go to appeal as it is likely that you will need to do this to get that award?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188320 by 9Winnie
Replied by 9Winnie on topic PIP decision
Thanks Gordon. I know I've been offered the standard rate of both which I know I am lucky to get based on some other stories I've read here. The amount I'll receive is only £10.00 less than I got previously so don't know whether to leave things as they are for the moment. I'm going into hospital for limb surgery in October so think I may let sleeping dogs lie until then.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188322 by Gordon
Winnie

You can make a Late request for an MR up to 13 months after the date of the Decision, but will need to provide Good Cause for it being late and if the DWP do accept your reasons then you cannot take it further.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 11 months ago #188677 by 9Winnie
Still pondering on doing MR. I have sat this afternoon looking through the DM, HCP and my forms and I do believe I do have grounds for appeal however what I think will let me down is that I ticked the box for 20-50 metres even though I advised in extra information that my walking was very bad and at that specific time I was only a couple of months post op.
My other question would be that in my list of medical conditions conditions I mentioned arthritis of the hip. This is not noted anywhere apart from saying I have hip pain due to my knee? Help!!

More
6 years 11 months ago #188678 by 9Winnie
Forgot to say I am now on waiting list for further surgery.

More
6 years 11 months ago #188689 by Gordon
Winnie

The question you need to ask yourself is whether you are willing to take this to appeal, revision rates at the MR stage are very low.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.