× Members

Pip

More
5 years 6 months ago #219346 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip
David

Your post implies that your wife is no longer taking medication for her mental and physical health, is this the case? If this is the case then is this because her conditions have improved?

Picking up a glass indicates that she had reasonable grip at that time.

Does she have a mental health diagnosis? Has she received treatment in the past?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #219353 by STEVO
Replied by STEVO on topic Pip
Sorry I came across wrong , yes she is still on medication for mental and physical, she as had mental health issues for a very long time she as also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia

More
5 years 6 months ago #219354 by STEVO
My wife as had a stroke the physio said her grip is weak but he went against that because she picked up the water ,

More
5 years 6 months ago #219355 by Gordon
David

There is a new version of the AR1 form, have a look at our PIP Claim guide for more information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #219359 by Gordon

David wrote: My wife as had a stroke the physio said her grip is weak but he went against that because she picked up the water ,

Would she normally be able to pick up a glass of water, if she can then her grip may not be weak enough to score highly for PIP! Does it change hour to hour or day to day? Are there particular shapes or sizes that she can grip better than others?

Gordon

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
5 years 6 months ago #219363 by STEVO
Thank you for your prompt reply , I took on board what you have said , I think we where both naive last time . Thank you again

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.