× Members

Pip assessors report received today

More
5 years 10 months ago #216398 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Pip assessors report received today
Thanks Gordon. I have just e mailed my MP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #216404 by JeanCannon
Replied by JeanCannon on topic Pip assessors report received today
I had my assessment in August 2017 and didn't get the decision until January 2018.

More
5 years 10 months ago #216414 by phrank
Wow, that is a long time waiting. Was there any particular reason, such as sending extra evidence eg, and also did it go in your favour?

More
5 years 9 months ago #216521 by phrank
My MP's secretary phoned me this morning asking for my account of the assessment and asked for my NI number and is going to contact me once they have contacted the DWP.

Also, spent almost an hour on the PIP helpline and spoke to a Case Manager for around 50 minutes.

They noted everything I said and read it back to me, so my account of what REALLY happened is on their system along with other things I've sent after the review.

Also, she said that although the report says the assessment was taped, they had not received a copy of the tape, which didn't surprise me in the least. The HCP who assessed me seemed really blase abouth the tape along with other extra evidence I took with me.

Surely that in itself is a breach of their rules and should be in my favour?

Anyway, another CM will be looking at my case so will have to see what the outcome isl

Might be possibly more favourable, do you think?

More
5 years 9 months ago #216526 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessors report received today
phrank

I would not place too much hope on the recording, DWP policy is not to review the recording even if they have it.

If you were able to show significant problems with the accuracy of the report then the Decision may get revised but I have to warn you that this rarely happens. That said we have had several members reporting awards following an MR this week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheMerlin486

More
5 years 9 months ago #216531 by phrank
Thanks once again, Gordon.

I did go through the report pointing out the inacurracies, they have been logged, as I said, she read it back to me and she mentioned something about if the report was inaccurate, it would go back to IAS to be revised.

Here's hoping.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.