× Members

Pip assessors report received today

More
5 years 9 months ago #216894 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Pip assessors report received today
Thanks, Gordon for getting back to me.

Up to now think I'll go for the MR option as I reckon I have a convincing case.

Incidentally, if I decided to make a new claim, would if mean starting from the beginning, i.e. initially making a phone call then waiting for the form to come is there a shortcut?

Did you mean the DM's report or the assessors? Either way I will look through over the weekend and get back to you if that's ok.

I just feel so empty at the moment, still trying to digest it all.

Once again, thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #216895 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Pip assessors report received today
Phrank, I would definitely Appeal, it is awful what they did. It felt like a relief to deal with appeals
after DWP to be honest. Appeals will get a full bundle with all the previous reports from the first time you claimed PIP so their discrepancies will be glaringly obvious. Kind thoughts.

More
5 years 9 months ago #216896 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessors report received today

phrank wrote: Thanks, Gordon for getting back to me.

Up to now think I'll go for the MR option as I reckon I have a convincing case.

Incidentally, if I decided to make a new claim, would if mean starting from the beginning, i.e. initially making a phone call then waiting for the form to come is there a shortcut?

Did you mean the DM's report or the assessors? Either way I will look through over the weekend and get back to you if that's ok.

I just feel so empty at the moment, still trying to digest it all.

Once again, thank you.

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Yes, a new claim would be completely from scratch starting with a call to the PIP Claim Line.

I meant the assessors report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 9 months ago #216925 by phrank
Thanks, Orangeblossom, your support is greatly appreciated.

Once I've picked myself off the floor I will appeal, there's no question about that.

I have made a first move, sort of. I've got an appointment with my GP on the 4th of Sept, he said he'd back me all the way when he phoned me after he heard about the assessor's report ( a phone call from an ATOS psychiatric nurse who was really worried about me when I phoned to complain).

So I'll try and put it to the back of my mind till next week and then make afresh start.

Thanks again.

More
5 years 9 months ago #216926 by phrank
Thanks Gordon,

As I said, I'll go through the assessors report and post after the weekeend when its properly sunk in.

More
5 years 9 months ago #216952 by alison
Replied by alison on topic Pip assessors report received today
hi phrank
hope you dont mind me msg you , have been reading your posts and like to say firstly as disapointed about your not being awarded points dont dispair ,,this happens to many claimant s including myself the fist time i tried for pip, like you i also had a assessor that condtaticted themselves and said a pack of lies on the report ,mine was a home assesment ,i sent off a MR and it came back the same zero points ,so i decidedto appeal and im so glad i did this ,,as after was awarded standard on both ,, for 3 years ,, it scary thought of having to attend court and i was a nervous wreck going but was so relived because they actualy look at your claim from scratch ,they dont favour the dwp and can see themselves/ with comments i recieved from the judge she was amazed by one observation the heath assesor made in her report that she observed me unlocking the chain and locking mechanism of my front door ,,bare in mind she was on the outside of the front door as i was doing this to open the door to her ,judge made a comment saying she must have xtray vision to of observed this as i have no glass panel on my front door , ask for a MR but in meantime of waiting for result ,start to prepare submisions ready for your appeal incase you dont get a result from MR , all the info you need for appealing is on here ,and shows you best way of wording your submissions etc , dont give up keep up fight for what your entitled too ,, they want you to just throw in the towel ,,DONT , best of luck ,
alison ,
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheMerlin486, Waylay

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.