× Members

Writing a submission for FTT

More
5 years 7 months ago #219209 by Cat
Writing a submission for FTT was created by Cat
Hello, new member here looking for some advice,
I was previously in receipt of DLA high rate for care and mobility, indefinite award.
On being invited to move to PIP I scored 0 in all descriptors, I subsequently failed a MR as well.
I admit it was largely my fault in not fully appreciating how vastly different the PIP form was compared to the DLA forms of the past. I have read through the guidance notes here and I am now better prepared and I'm trying to write a submission for tribunal. I am listing the exact descriptors that I think I should have been awarded points for and why, but I am unsure whether to then include a brief paragraph lon what I believe to be the incorrect information/assumptions/prejudicial comments on my at home FTF assessment report.
I did point them out on my MR but the comment back was if I was unhappy I should complain to Capita. Would the Tribunal take the same view and disregard them, or even worse look unfavorably on me for including them
Thanks for reading,
Cat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #219214 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Writing a submission for FTT
C

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

It is usually important to deal with the issues in the report but an award will only be made by your showing that you meet the criteria for one, so this must be your priority.

If you do comment on the report then try to stick to issues of fact, arguing with their opinions will not always produce the result you are looking for.

Making a complaint to the Assessment Provider about the report will strengthen your argument that there are problems with it.

Re your submission, you have to be able to complete the PIP activities "reliably" and "on the majority of days", so include information about this if relevant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 months ago #219229 by Cat
Replied by Cat on topic Writing a submission for FTT
Thanks for your reply Gordon.
You're right of course, I probably should only refer to comments in the report within the context of the activities/descriptors I'm claiming apply to me.
It all feels so insurmountable at the moment, I'm guessing others have felt the same at this stage :(

More
5 years 6 months ago #219231 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Writing a submission for FTT
Cat

It can seem a huge task but be aware, the success rate for PIP appeals is more than 70%. :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 months ago #219234 by Cat
Gordon
I will repeat the mantra 70% in my head, as well as reliably and repeatedly :) as I press onward.
I was fortunate that the Tribunal even accepted my appeal three months after the decision .So feel I have to keep going even though it feels like an eternity since it all began.
Cat
The following user(s) said Thank You: snups

More
5 years 5 months ago #221929 by Cat
Hi Gordon
Moving from DLA to PIP claim
In my original decision it states that "condition history shows"
But no medical evidence had been submitted at that stage so how could they know my condition history? I'm confused.
Thanks, Cat

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.