× Members

PIP renewal

More
5 years 1 month ago #228053 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal
AC

There's a section in the PIP Claim guide.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228192 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic PIP renewal
Hi Gordon,

I managed to get through my assessment today but was very stressful but went ok compared to previous but very hard to say what the outcome will be.

How long will it be before the report is ready for me to access? and can you potentially challenge it before a decison is made? and how long after the report is ready does the DM make there decision?

I asked the asked the assessor to look at my length of award and it has been mentioned on medical evidence. He said he would put it forward but said that whatever they recommend the DWP can reduce it for a review whenever they want which I've found to be true. He kept saying using the example of two to three years which suggests to me he wasn't thinking of anymore. Which in reality is 1-2 years. I think my award should be longer now, I know it doesn't matter what I think but I mentioned that I've been through treatment and there has been no change or improvement and my conditions are long term and chronic. I've given a full history but because I suffer with extreme anxiety as well I don't feel I stated my case well enough today regarding the award and didn't say mention the severe impact the assessment process has on my mental health in reference to length of award, although I did say about the impact the assessment today has had as I was very distressed at home visit.
Obviously I don't know yet if I will be happy with the outcome of my assessment but I will challenge it if things are taken away from me as I have done three times before and gone to tribunal. I dread to think the effect on my health of having to do it again. but in the scenario that I'm happy with what I've been awarded but not the length of award I have been told that it is not worth challenging over just length of award. Is this right?

It is really stressing me the length of award as I've previously ended up at tribunals it is another assessment in itself big time and mand con and then the DWP call you in early for reviews and on top of that I am on ESA so it seems like a never ending nightmare and not very often am I left alone and it is constantly having a severe impact on my mental health in particular. It just feels like I'm hearing all the time of people getting at least five years and many ten. Does age come in to it at all?

thanks
AC

More
5 years 1 month ago #228201 by Gordon
AC

The DWP should have the report in a couple of days, contact the DWP office dealing with your claim to request a copy.

PIP Decisions are taking about 10 weeks, based on what is being reported in the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228229 by angelcake
Ok thanks Gordon, I will do that. Is it 10 wks for reviews also? and please could you advise me about the length of award issue I discussed.

thanlks
AC

More
5 years 1 month ago #228249 by Gordon
AC

A Decision is a Decision, there's no difference in whether it is an initial claim or a reassessment :)

I can't really comment on the award length until you receive the Decision, DMs are not bound by the assessor's recommendation and do have their own guidance on award lengths.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

More
5 years 1 month ago #228419 by angelcake
Okay thanks Gordon, I'm going to ring tomorrow and see if it's ready that I can have a copy.
What do I ask for is it just a copy of my assessment?

Thanks

AC

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.