× Members

PIP renewal

More
5 years 5 months ago #221330 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic PIP renewal
Thank you Gordon,

If am I able to get it sorted out and if I am happy to send then how long have I got to do this before they look at my claim? and if they possibly decide to write? and how long is it taking to make decisions currently?

Thanks
AC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221359 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal
AC

Have you returned your form yet? If not then attach it to it.

If you have then I would wait to see if an appointment is required and then send it to the assessment centre with a covering letter, I would also send a copy to the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Lastly, take a copy to any interview and ask the assessor to read it and include it in your file before the start the review.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #221399 by angelcake
Hi Gordon,

yes I have sent my form but wrote on it that I will be forwarding on medical evidence. I'd rather send it to the DWP so they can consider all my evidence before deciding if i need an assessment or not. How long do you think I have got before they look at my claim? I wrote on my form that I was forwarding it on but should I write a separate letter to cover myself?

Thanks
AC

More
5 years 5 months ago #221408 by angelcake
Hi Gordon,

Plus isn't it better to send the medical evidence to the DWP upfront (rather than the assessor) then they have more information to decide whether I need to go to assessment or not?
thanks
AC

More
5 years 5 months ago #221440 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal
AC

The DWP do not make the decision as to whether a face to face is required or not, this is done by the Assessment Provider, so send the information to them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #221456 by angelcake
Thanks, even so I would feel more comfortable sending it off to the DWP than to wait for my assessment to come through, won't the DWP just send it on to the assessor? and when is it likely that the assessor will be looking at my claim?
thanks
Ac

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.