× Members

PIP renewal

More
4 years 8 months ago #234987 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal
AC

Only a few have appealed just the length of the award, I'm not sure that any have reported back, we have had a couple doing so with a wider appeal and gaining a longer award.

An appeal panel should review everything from scratch so it does not matter what happened during the MR.

There should be no risk as the Judge in charge of your appeal is obliged to notify you if they feel that your existing award is at risk so you can withdraw your appeal.

As this would primarily be a facts based appeal then I can't see a need for you to attend.

If you decide to go ahead then the PIP MR and Appeal Guide has links to the SSCS1 form you need to complete or you can request the appeal online.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #235207 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic PIP renewal
Hi Gordon,

thanks. So have I nothing to lose by trying? and with not attending the appeal how would the Judge let me know there was a risk and right to withdraw?

thanks
AC

More
4 years 8 months ago #235212 by Gordon
AC

The Judge would write to you warning you that the panel can both increase and reduce your current award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 8 months ago #235224 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic PIP renewal
Hi Gordon.

thanks.
Does it make any difference that the assessor gave me a year then the DM increased it to 2yrs and then the DM for the MR increased it to 3yrs but didn't comment that they had but I had asked them to recconsider this on my MR.. What I mean is have I still got grounds to dispute length of award, even though they have increased it already?

Also when I fill the SCC1 Appeal form and they contact the DWP, can the DWP change anything about my award in terms of reducing it?

thanks
AC

More
4 years 8 months ago #235234 by Gordon
AC

As I said, the panel will look at your claim from scratch they are not limited by what the DWP have done previously.

No, the DWP can only make a more advantageous award.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.