× Members

PIP renewal

More
4 years 11 months ago #231304 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic PIP renewal
Hi Gordon, yes I did ask for time to provide additional information but the problem is the person is on leave who is helping me do the mandatory consideration and also I've asked for a hospital letter and don't know whether that will be here in time for the deadline.

In the guide it says:
If you cannot get the extra evidence in time, include in your reconsideration request the
following sentence:
‘I will send in further evidence of my disability (ies) and how they affect me as soon as I can.’
The DWP will allow up to a month for any further evidence to be sent in but can allow longer if
requested

Is it definitely 28 days for the actual MC and not a month as confused by the above and whether I can get a extension for information on the MC or whether an extension just for things like medical evidence?

Please could you clarify what is meant?

thanks
AC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231319 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal
AC

It is definitely 28 days and you have to ask the DM for an extension but I have to warn you that an extension is rarely given.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231323 by angelcake
Hi Gordon,

Okay well I won't ask for an extension then and will just have to done what I can re the MC so it is at least on time.

Re: my hospital letter further med evidence, I have no control over that, if that does not arrive in time, what do you suggest?

thanks

More
4 years 11 months ago #231340 by Gordon
AC

I would send it as soon as you have it even if the MR is unsuccessful, you have nothing to lose, worst case they ignore it, best case they look at it and revise the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #231392 by angelcake
This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231420 by Gordon
answered

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.