× Members

PIP renewal

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #231957 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic PIP renewal
This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231964 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal
answered

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231972 by angelcake
Thanks Gordon, sorry I did not know.

I think in reality I need more help and things are worse then previous claims.

With following routes what does this mean? is it literally just following routes and problems getting A to B or does it involves when you reach your destination and the support you need when you have got there?

I do experience OPD but I thought this is more or less the same a severe anxiety? and I thought that the Going out descriptor was about mental health? I've scored points on previous assessments for going out as I experience anxiety and distress so I don't understand.
Do you have to actual state the specific words of OPD for it too count?

thanks
AC

More
4 years 10 months ago #231975 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal
AC

The test is just about your following the route it does not cover the support you might need when you get to your destination.

The requirement is that you suffer OPD, describing it as anxiety or even severe anxiety will not meet this requirement. I would always recommend members to use language that is reflective of that used in the Descriptors, as an example; the Preparing Food activity refers to a "simple meal" and I would use this term in my answers.

Gordon.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231981 by angelcake
Thanks Gordon.

Do you know what there full definition is of OPD?

does the full exact term of OPD need to be stated? I will need to double check but I'm sure I have given evidence of the 'distress' as well as the anxiety I exeprience but I know I haven't stated the full words of OPD, so does it need to be stated in full?

As I do experience OPD but I have not stated it in full on evidence (just stated distress and anxiety )it is okay to then say it on the MR OPD?

I must say that I've had previous help from welfare advisors and they have not pointed out this to me and I think they are of the understanding that severe anxiety counts, which is worrying but I definitely take your word for it.

Also on my MR the advisor has also mention my CFS on this descriptor, do I need to get this deleted as does it undermine my case for this descriptor? as it is about mental health and not physical. This descriptor seems to be poorly understood for welfare support.

thanks
AC

More
4 years 10 months ago #231987 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic PIP renewal
I think the DWP are stricter now on what OPD is and what counts/doesn't count - compared to how they used to apply mental health criteria etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.