× Members

PIP renewal

More
4 years 10 months ago #232739 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal
AC

The test is what you can do on your own, so what would happen if you went out on your own.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233375 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic PIP renewal
Hi Gordon,

Do you know how long it takes for the DWP to do the mandatory reconsideration?

thanks
AC

More
4 years 10 months ago #233380 by Gordon

angelcake wrote: Hi Gordon,

Do you know how long it takes for the DWP to do the mandatory reconsideration?

thanks
AC

We would normally quote 5-8 weeks but it is more likely to be 8-12 at the moment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

More
4 years 9 months ago #234945 by angelcake
Hi Gordon,

The dreaded brown envelope arrived this morning after 7wks with my MC decision and I am absolutely amazed and astounded that my MC has been successful, I literally cannot believe it and had to keep re-reading and checking it was my name on the docs. Historically for me usually it's bad news for me and I end up at appeal, so I'm so grateful that I have been spared. and that it's good news for once. I'm so relieved I cannot begin to tell you. Furthermore, I have gone from standard daily to enhanced for both daily and mobility which the latter I had scored 0 points I'm so grateful to B&W and in particular Gordon who I've asked many many times for advice, so thank you Gordon for your support,help, advice and patience it has literally helped me to hang in there and push through.

The only downside is that in the MC I specifically asked them to reconsider my length of award and gave supportive medical evidence for this. The decision maker has not discussed this on the MC decision. However, I was originally given two years and it looks like they've given me 3 years with a contact at 2 years, in the dates it is from April to March 2022 they can contact me in March 2021 which is in about 1year and 8mths time. I'm very disappointed, I was hoping for 5yrs plus and also given that this pip process has been going on for 9 1/2 months it has already cut into this time and I've been fraught with anxiety. I have already challenged the length of decision in the MC but do not feel it has been given much consideration as there was no comment on the decision and I asked them to consider it, although it appears they have increased it slightly it does not feel like I have much of a breather until I have to start this all over again. Is there anything I can do or is it best to leave things be?

Also the decision the DM does a mention my reports of inaccuracies about the assessor but defends them saying they are independent, well trained and have nothing to gain but I'm not satisfied with that brushing under the carpet. I'm have been wondering about making a complaint to the assessment provider but I'm not sure it's worth it now and if there is anything to be gained from it ? and feel I just want to finally be able to get on with my life with some peace

thank you
AC

More
4 years 9 months ago #234963 by Gordon
AC

Many congratulations on getting the Decision revised, well done.

You do have the option of appealing the award length but I have to warn you that we have not had many members do this and I have no real view of the likelihood of success.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @MR

More
4 years 9 months ago #234973 by angelcake
Thank you!

Are there are risks involved in appealing length or award? What is the process for this? would I have to take it to tribunal?

Also, as I have already requested that they reconsider the award length at MR and even though they have not commented on it they have increased it a bit so technically would you say they have reconsidered it? Or have I still an argument for appealing it as they have not been explicit ?

Are you saying not many people have done this or not many people have done this and been successful?

On balance, do you think it is worth me pursuing? It would be a clearer decision had I not been given enhanced for both ( not that I'm complaining!)then could of appealed it as the whole package so to speak

Thanks

AC

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.