× Members

PIP renewal

More
4 years 11 months ago #232134 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal
AC

All you can do is explain how far you can walk and why you are limited. Some general thoughts for you to consider.

You are not required to walk pain free but any pain that restricts the distance that you can walk should be taken into account.

Specifically for the Moving Around activity, if you are able to walk but you are in severe pain when doing so, then you can argue that your walking is not to a necessary standard and should be disregarded.

The legal test requires you to stand and then move (walk), so if you have problems getting up then you should document these as well.

If you walk slowly then it must take you at least twice the time to cover the 20m as a healthy person would, this could be down to the speed of your walking but could also be the result of having to stop.

You must be able to repeat the distance, so if you could walk it once but not then be able to walk it again within a reasonable timescale then you should be classed as unable to repeat the activity.

I'm afraid I can't tell you how to show your walking is more restricted but things you need to think about is what you can't do, for example; what can you walk in your house, how far is the toilet from where you normally sit, things that will count against you are any trips that you make outside, so for example, how do you do your shopping?

You must be able to walk the distance you can, reliably and on the majority of days.

It can be difficult scoring for prompting when you likely receive prompting every day. I know I am stating the obvious but you need to explain why you need the prompting, what condition is causing it, what would happen if you did not receive the prompting.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232372 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic PIP renewal
Hi Gordon,

I have decided to go for cannnot follow a route of unfamiliar journey but I'm really unsure what I need to write on my MR and my justification of why I think I qualify for this
could you give a break down of the general points I need to include?

thanks
AC

More
4 years 10 months ago #232380 by Gordon
AC

There's no magic formula but understand that the is about your following a route and the things that prevent you from doing so, any problems that you have must specifically stop you from carrying on with the journey and whilst the underlying cause does not have to be, the result must be overwhelming psychological distress.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232391 by angelcake
thanks Gordon.

The kind of things that cause problems with regard to psychological distress are you talking about just the actual journey, would the psychological distress I experience so I don't even undertake the journey on my own count? and what about when arrival at the place?
Can you give me some examples please.
thanks
AC

More
4 years 10 months ago #232398 by Gordon
AC

Just the journey, not any problems that you have undertaking it or when you arrive at the destination.

So as an example; someone with Social Anxiety might be able to complete a route providing they did not meet anybody on the journey but if they did they may suffer OPD and be unable to continue.

Gordon

More
4 years 10 months ago #232729 by angelcake
Thanks Gordon,

I'm not sure how to apply?
it as I have someone come with me due to OPD and they drive me as well so would not meet anyone until get to destination.

thanks
AC

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.