× Members

PIP renewal

More
5 years 1 month ago #228650 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal
AC

All I can say is to send the letter, if you are going to, as soon as you can.

One thing I forgot to say, is to state in your letter that it is not a request for an MR but you reserve the right to request one when you have seen the Decision.

If your CBT Therapist is willing to write something about your problems then I would ask them to do so, better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it, however, I would not wait for it to send your letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228697 by angelcake
Replied by angelcake on topic PIP renewal
Thanks Gordon I will do that.

The lady that said she would help me is off sick but hopefully back next week. She did say that she would help me about ringing the DWP before a letter is written just incase they look at my report quickly and at least then they would see that potential more evidence is coming and hold off making a decision.
So because she is off sick I wondering whether to ring the DWP myself or just hang on a bit longer,she will hopefully be back next week.
My report was ready last Thursday. So do you think it would be a good idea for me to call the DWP myself if so do you know what is best that I say? as she was going to help me with the phone call I'm not sure what to do for the best?

Thanks
AC

More
5 years 1 month ago #228707 by Gordon
AC

I'm not sure that phoning the DWP will help although it can do no harm. Decision Makers are charged with making Decision at the earliest opportunity and are already coming under criticism for not doing so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228751 by angelcake
okay thanks Gordon, can you suggest what I say to them?, I don't know how much detail to give

AC

More
5 years 1 month ago #228762 by Gordon
AC

Just say that you have concerns about the report and would like the information to be passed on to the Decision Maker. It will probably help if you make a bullet list of the issues that you want to raise with a short explanation of why it is an issue.

Gordon

More
5 years 1 month ago #228769 by angelcake
Sorry I meant what to say in the phone call? as I'll be sending in a letter later with the issues

thanks

AC

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.