× Members

Pip assessment no show

More
5 years 3 months ago #222822 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessment no show

Jen wrote: so now I have to wait another 5 days until I can phone again and they will decide whether or not to refer my case back to DWP. I rang DWP to update them and also wrote to them. Is there anything els I should do pleases?

This is why I said you need to chase them, the assessor failing to attend is not your fault but they are talking about returning your file to the DWP which they would only do if you had failed to attend!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: toulane55

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #223019 by toulane55
Replied by toulane55 on topic Pip assessment no show
Do you think this could be about the fact that I am going to record my assessment ?

More
5 years 3 months ago #223033 by Gordon

Jen wrote: Do you think this could be about the fact that I am going to record my assessment ?

No, the assessor that was booked will have been asked if they were willing to be recorded and would have had to have agreed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: toulane55

More
5 years 3 months ago #223064 by toulane55
Replied by toulane55 on topic Pip assessment no show
Thanks, I rang them today and the outcome of there investigation was- unable to locate address, unable to make contact. They did give me another appointment for Wednesday, at least it will be done before Xmas, providing they come of course, thank you.

More
5 years 3 months ago #223073 by Gordon
Jen

I recommend that you phone Capita 10 minutes before the appointment time if the assessor is not there already, at the appointment time and then 10-15 minutes after.

Gordon

More
5 years 3 months ago #223082 by Rayhellon
Replied by Rayhellon on topic Pip assessment no show
Hi Jen, I posted about something similar a couple of weeks ago. I arrived at the centre (atos) and waited for an hour until the receptionist came over to me, and my advocate. She explained nobody was available to carry out the assessment as the only person available was the one who carried out my last one prior to a change in circumstances?
I was told (like you) to arrange an appointment for some time in the future. I replied, stating I have a major operation coming up in a few weeks and will be unable to take part in any medicals? after some deliberation I was told to come back later in the day, 6 hrs later! I did this, as you can imagine anxiety and stress levels off the scale. When we went back we forgot further evidence, the medical was rushed (20 mins). Now awaiting outcome, 6 weeks later.
So sorry to hear of your experience. It really is exhausting and demoralising. I wish you a positive outcome

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.