× Members

ESA income related contribution based totally conf

More
5 years 1 month ago #226302 by Newbie100
Hello
I’ve on the ESA enhanced and in the support for both elements - group I migrated over from incapacity and income support
I read somewhere On the The internet of people transferred over they would be on contributions based ESA
If your in the support group I called the DWP yesterday they said that I get so much £100 income contributions and the rest in income related £190 a week but my total claim is classed as income related ??

Is this correct or ? Wrong o assumed people who were transferred from the old staple incapacity and in the support group are automatically on contributions based but the advisor said no I have both but my total claim is income related please help

Apologies for the typos I have dyslexia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #226304 by Newbie100
Replied by Newbie100 on topic ESA moving in with partner
Hello
Hope I make sense hear
I’m on ESA and in the support group I really don’t know what element I’m on whether it’s contributions based or income related I’m told I’m on both but my total claim is classed income related, however I’ve read on the net that if the person has bee. Transferred over from incapacity and in the support group then they are in the contributions based but I’ve been told different that I get both income related and contributions based but my whole claim is classed as income related
I have multiple conditions and sever mental health and I need to move in with my partner or my partner moves In with me but he is off sick from work and maybe taking voluntary redundancie which he will get a capital of 30k but may get another job or may be off sick also because he his currently suffering from depression so I’m also confused because if we move in would it also be a new joint claim and will we go on UC? If that’s the case and he’s sick still do I lose my ESA with the capital he will get? And also if he gets a new job or goes self employed would I still get the ESA I’m aware the ESA is means tested if your on Income related but there is allot of conflicttion and different websites saying different things I assume the posts I read even on a UK gov site said if Nieves over from the incapacity benefit and in the support group I should be in total contributions but for some strange reason I’ve been told I’m on both but my total claim is income related ? I’m totally confused

More
5 years 1 month ago #226317 by Gordon

It is possible to receive both Contribution Based ESA and Income Related ESA at the same time depending on your circumstances.

The DWP's systems seem to have problems distinguishing between the two so claimants are often told that they are only receiving ESA(IR).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #226328 by Newbie100
They said I have both but she said the whole claim is income related what does this mean? The whole claim is income related? When I’ve read if people were trf from incapacity and in support group it should be contributions based?
Also I can’t see my other post?

More
5 years 1 month ago #226329 by Gordon

So as I said, the DWP seem to have problems dealing with claimants who are entitled to both ESA(CB) and ESA(IR), however, even though you have been told that you are only receiving ESA(IR) this is not the case and you remain entitled to your ESA(CB).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #226330 by Gordon

It helps if you keep your questions in one topic.

If your partner has savings and assets in excess of £16,000 then you will lose your entitlement to any ESA(IR) that you are receiving but you will still be paid your ESA(CB).

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.