× Members

ESA income related contribution based totally conf

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #228280 by Gordon

Forgive me but we are going around in circles. I understand you are confused by the conflicting information you are receiving but ultimately you have to decide whether you trust the advice I have given or what you have received from the CAB.

So, the ESA legislation does not allow the payment of ESA(IR) if the claimant's partner is working for 24 or more hours a week.

Also, your partner's income will be deducted £ for £ from your ESA(IR) after a £20/week disregard, so in a previous post you said that you received £79/week ESA(IR), so if he earns more than £99/week then I would not expect you to receive any ESA(IR).

Neither of these issues will affect your ESA(CB).

You will only be required to make a claim for UC if you need to make a new claim for one of the benefits that UC covers, that is the only criteria. Your partner can be added to your ESA claim and your existing HB claim can be adjusted if your partner moves in with you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228296 by Newbie100

Gordon wrote: Newbie

Forgive me but we are going around in circles. I understand you are confused by the conflicting information you are receiving but ultimately you have to decide whether you trust the advice I have given or what you have received from the CAB.

So, the ESA legislation does not allow the payment of ESA(IR) if the claimant's partner is working for 24 or more hours a week.

Also, your partner's income will be deducted £ for £ from your ESA(IR) after a £20/week disregard, so in a previous post you said that you received £79/week ESA(IR), so if he earns more than £99/week then I would not expect you to receive any ESA(IR).

Neither of these issues will affect your ESA(CB).

You will only be required to make a claim for UC if you need to make a new claim for one of the benefits that UC covers, that is the only criteria. Your partner can be added to your ESA claim and your existing HB claim can be adjusted if your partner moves in with you.

Gordon

I realise I will lose the ESA(IR)
So ESA(CB) is not covered by UC because it’s not means tested ??

More
5 years 1 month ago #228306 by Newbie100
What would happen if I moved into my partners house privately rented / or mortgage would this trigger UC or can I keep my existing ESA claim

More
5 years 1 month ago #228329 by Gordon

Newbie100 wrote:

Gordon wrote: So ESA(CB) is not covered by UC because it’s not means tested ??

Yes, it is not one of the benefits replaced by UC.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228331 by Gordon

Newbie100 wrote: What would happen if I moved into my partners house privately rented / or mortgage would this trigger UC or can I keep my existing ESA claim

No, it would not require a claim for UC because you are not making a new claim for any benefit.

Gordon

More
5 years 1 month ago #228353 by Newbie100
can i just ask about HB IF my partner moved in with me or i moved in with him what would happen?

I get full housing benefit - PIP enh rate and esa support group

He currently pays full rent privately and works full time so gets no HB.
However we may be getting a morgate would we get any contribution or relief towards this because of my circumstances?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.