× Members

ESA income related contribution based totally conf

More
5 years 1 month ago #228188 by Newbie100
Just wanted to ask but we are in the UC area now so would this affect us or not would I still be able to keep my existing claim of ESA we were told by the CAB Beauru if we moved in together we would have to report a change of circumstances and I would lose all my ESA both income related and contribution based as we would have to go on the new UC but we wouldn’t get it because my partner my be getting a high salary job totally confused now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228197 by Gordon

I've already answered this for you in the previous posts in this topic :(

You don't need to claim UC.

Your ESA(CB) would remain in payment whatever happened.

If your partner is working for 24 hours or more or their income exceeds youESA(IR) payments plus £20/week then your ESA(IR) will stop.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228217 by Newbie100

Gordon wrote: Newbie

I've already answered this for you in the previous posts in this topic :(

You don't need to claim UC.

Your ESA(CB) would remain in payment whatever happened.

If your partner is working for 24 hours or more or their income exceeds youESA(IR) payments plus £20/week then your ESA(IR) will stop.

Gordon

sorry but I'm just confirming what the CAB said, with a change in circumstances if we moved in together, i would be moved to UC by the DWP however it appears your saying i would stay on ESA(CB)

More
5 years 1 month ago #228232 by Gordon

You would only be required to claim UC if you need to make a new] claim for one of the benefits that come under the UC umbrella.

Your partner moving in would be a change to your existing ESA and HB claims, if you move in with him then to their HB and your ESA. Unless you move to a Local Authority that neither of you has an HB claim in then you won't have to claim UC.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228256 by Newbie100

You would only be required to claim UC if you need to make a new] claim for one of the benefits that come under the UC umbrella.

Your partner moving in would be a change to your existing ESA and HB claims, if you move in with him then to their HB and your ESA. Unless you move to a Local Authority that neither of you has an HB claim in then you won't have to claim UC.

Gordon

I was told by the C.A.B any change in circumstances now will trigger to UC as we now live in a UC area so moving in as partners then I would get to keep my ESA contribution rate and we don’t need to go on UC can you conform this please as I’m getting conflicting information from the C.A.B

More
5 years 1 month ago #228257 by Newbie100

Gordon

Sorry forgot to ask I’m on HB he lives in private renting
So I assume I would lose my housing benefits if he’s working full time this wouldn’t trigger it to UC? I would still remain on ESA CB and ESA IR elements

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.