× Members

IN SUPPORT GROUP 3 YR SENT ANOTHER ESA FORM NOW

More
5 years 2 months ago #226366 by CATHYCOMEHOME
Hello, I am in the midst of Mandatory Reconsideration for pip on behalf of my son. I also received a ESA form about 2 week ago that I have had to put on the back burner whilst I have been dealing with my son's PIP. I am starting to fill it in the ESA form today. My son is already in the support group. It states on the ESA form I have received that-

"If your disability, illness or health condition severely limits your ability to work, you will be put into the support group. There’s no time limit on
how long you can claim contribution-based ESA if you’re in the support group"

I do not understand why my son has been sent another ESA form to fill in if he is already on ESA and in the support group?

Please you let me know why this has happened as I don' t understand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226410 by Gordon
CA

The form is not referring to the reassessment of claimants in the Support Group but rather to the payment of ESA(CB) which is not time-limited if the claimant is in the SG.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CATHYCOMEHOME

More
5 years 1 month ago #226491 by CATHYCOMEHOME
Replied by CATHYCOMEHOME on topic IN SUPPORT GROUP 3 YR SENT ANOTHER ESA FORM NOW
Sorry Gordon - do not get it - he has never been able to work due to severe mental disability since he evolved into a severe mental illness as a teenager - and in support group - does this mean they may stop it - really don't get this time thing sorry :( Please explain

More
5 years 1 month ago #226492 by CATHYCOMEHOME
Replied by CATHYCOMEHOME on topic IN SUPPORT GROUP 3 YR SENT ANOTHER ESA FORM NOW
it sounds to me they are reassessing him - he is in the income related support group.

Sorry I really do not understand

More
5 years 1 month ago #226505 by Gordon
CA

What form have you received? An ESA50 or an ESA3?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #226528 by CATHYCOMEHOME
Hello Gordon,
he has received ESA50 05/18

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.