× Members

IN SUPPORT GROUP 3 YR SENT ANOTHER ESA FORM NOW

More
5 years 1 month ago #228435 by Gordon
CA

Awards over two years should be done as a reassessment using the AR1 Review form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CATHYCOMEHOME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #246737 by CATHYCOMEHOME
Replied by CATHYCOMEHOME on topic RENEW FORM
Recently son is high suspicion asthma - has been given a trial of inhalers as he has been waking in the night with shortness of breath (SOB). He had asthma as a child but appeared to 'grow out' of it, so I have always concentrated on how his disability affects him on forms - as he had 'grown out of childhood asthma' - Recently has been SOB at night, or if fire smoke had occasionally come through his window. My son has just started on a trial steroid & Ventolin inhalers and give relief when he gets SOB. The ?? My sons already existing mental illness is still the same - this is just another unfortunate extra intermittent discomfort (relieved with the temp inhalers 'on top' of his existing condition. I am concerned that when his renewal PIP comes (AR1) I believe - the DWP will just get on the band wagon and make it very difficult and want another reassessment - my experience any excuse to stop his PIP that he is rightfully entitled to - My son's mental illness and daily activities remain the same - it was just extra discomfort for him - that hopefully the inhalers will continue to help. Please advise - I had a look at the Guide to PIP claims and reviews but I still am concerned.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #246739 by CATHYCOMEHOME
Replied by CATHYCOMEHOME on topic IN SUPPORT GROUP 3 YR SENT ANOTHER ESA FORM NOW
Apologies THE?? may be confusing - It should not be there added in error in prior text submitted to you - will clarify :-
'My sons already existing mental illness is still the same'

Recently son is high suspicion asthma - has been given a trial of inhalers as he has been waking in the night with shortness of breath (SOB). He had asthma as a child but appeared to 'grow out' of it, so I have always concentrated on how his disability affects him on forms - as he had 'grown out of childhood asthma' - Recently has been SOB at night, or if fire smoke had occasionally come through his window. My son has just started on a trial steroid & Ventolin inhaler and give relief when he gets SOB The??] My sons already existing mental illness is still the same - this is just another unfortunate extra intermittent discomfort (relieved with the temp inhalers 'on top' of his existing condition. I am concerned that when his renewal PIP comes (AR1) I believe - the DWP will just get on the band wagon and make it very difficult and want another reassessment - my experience any excuse to stop his PIP that he is rightfully entitled to - My son's mental illness and daily activities remain the same - it was just extra discomfort for him - that hopefully the inhalers will continue to help. Please advise - I had a look at the Guide to PIP claims and reviews but I still am concerned.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #246766 by Gordon
CA

Forgive me but I am not sure what your question is?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #246776 by CATHYCOMEHOME
Replied by CATHYCOMEHOME on topic IN SUPPORT GROUP 3 YR SENT ANOTHER ESA FORM NOW
Hi Gordon - because my son may have developed Asthma recently (on top of his existing
illness condition that he has already been awarded PIP previously) .

When he receives his AR1 form, I am unsure what to put on the form i.e His existing condition has not changed, but has been added inhalers to relieve symptoms at night for this new onset of possible asthma.

Will this be considered that he will have a reassessment opposed to a renewal form to complete? There has be no change to his activities of living or his existing illness - I do not know how to word this on the AR1 form? There had been no change to his existing activities of living - just inhalers added . How do I word this? Apologies, I found it difficult to express.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #246838 by Gordon
CA

When does your son's award end?

Does the Asthma mean that your son has additional problems in reliably completing the PIP activities?

So we are in strange times at the moment with face to face assessments suspended. As a general rule reporting a Changed condition makes an assessment more likely but we have seen no evidence to suggest that the converse is also true, so not reporting a Change does not mean that a face to face will be avoided.

There is also the issue that failing to describe a problem adequately can mean that it is dismissed and points will not be scored.

So, you need to decide, is it an issue that needs to be raised? Could it lead to a higher award? Realistically, can you guarantee that you will avoid a face to face?

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: CATHYCOMEHOME

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.