× Members

CLAIM FOR CONTRIBUTION-BASED E. S. A.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #227974 by beverley
CLAIM FOR CONTRIBUTION-BASED E. S. A. was created by beverley
Hi,
I have received a letter about the change in my E. S. A. claim, I will quote from the letter they sent me so you have the full facts.
"From 8th April 2019 the rates of some Social Security benefits may change. We cannot pay you E. S. A. from 28 Feb. 2019. This because you will have reached the maximum 365 days that you can get contribution-based E. S. A. We have used tax years ending 5th April 2007 and 5th April 2008 to assess your claim. We may still credit you with N. I. contribution while claiming E. S. A. " I have till 5th April to reply to the letter but I don't know what to do as this means I and my partner are £221.50 down every 2 weeks.
Thank you in advance from your help.
Beverley Morris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodies prime

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #227984 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic CLAIM FOR CONTRIBUTION-BASED E. S. A.
beverley

So I assume you are in the WRAG and receiving Contribution Based ESA, payments of ESA(CB) is limited to 365 days if the claimant is not in the Support Group.

Have you looked at whether you are eligible for Income Related ESA, ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #228021 by beverley
Replied by beverley on topic CLAIM FOR CONTRIBUTION-BASED E. S. A.
Hi,
Thank you for your reply, yes I have been placed in W. R. A. G. and received my last payment on the 6th March, do I wait for the letter to say I can apply for I. R. E. S. A. or do I have to ask for it. My partner is retired and receives nothing as my carer. Does it help my claim that I have been deemed as to ill to work so I don't have to go for job interviews. My head is all-over the place at the moment and feeling very confused by everything.
Thank you once again for you assistance.
Beverley Morris

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #228034 by Gordon
beverley

If you think that you meet the ESA(IR) eligibility criteria then there is no reason why you cannot contact the DWP now, they should have contacted you some time ago about this but I'm afraid it is not uncommon for them to fail to do this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228157 by beverley
Replied by beverley on topic CLAIM FOR CONTRIBUTION-BASED E. S. A.
Hi,
Thank you once again for your reply, in the same letter I received it mentions a "MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION" and I cannot appeal until I have received it, does this also apply to the form for I. R. E. S. A. .
Thank you once again.
Beverley Morris

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228181 by Gordon
beverley

No, this is a separate matter, you need to ask for an ESA3 to assess your financial situation.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.