× Members

Help with boiler repair?

More
4 years 9 months ago #233470 by Tess
Help with boiler repair? was created by Tess
Hello
Apologise if this is wrong thread..I couldn’t find another to post on. I am a homeowner and my boiler has been on the blink for over a year but I’ve not been able to afford to get fixed. I’m on ESA . I’ve recently been very lucky to receive a charity grant of £400 which is meant for boiler repair and extra heating costs through winter. I’ve approached a couple of gas fitters/plumbers but the part alone is going to be £450...+ labour costs.
I’ve looked into the free boiler scheme and apparently that funding was cut in September 2018.
Anyone help to point me towards any other possible solutions?

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #233481 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help with boiler repair?
Tess

Have a look at the following internet search

www.bing.com/search?q=financial+help+wit...&cc=GB&setlang=en-GB

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tess

More
4 years 9 months ago #233489 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Help with boiler repair?
Hi Tess

In accordance with the Government's boiler grant scheme, the UK's 'Big Six' energy companies are giving away free replacement boilers to qualifying homeowners and private tenants.
The Big Six energy companies that are involved in the Eco Scheme are:
British Gas.
on.
Npower.
SSE.
EDF.
Scottish Power.

householdquotes.co.uk/free-boiler-grants/

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 9 months ago #233493 by cbrad
Replied by cbrad on topic Help with boiler repair?
I recently had a new boiler fitted with the help of a government grant with the company Simply Eco Ltd. tel no. 0800 020 9714, web site simplyecoltd.co.uk. They were very good my new boiler was applied for and fitted within a week of applying.

I did have to make a small contribution towards the boiler but it all depends on everyone’s own living accommodation.

Hope this helps

More
4 years 9 months ago #233512 by Tess
Replied by Tess on topic Help with boiler repair?
Thanks guys..I’ve followed up on grant scheme and it seems a company called ECO3 energy solutions are telling me they will install floor insulation and a brand new boiler for free! This seems too good to be true? and I always worry when it’s too good to be true it usually doesn’t turn out positively
Has anyone had experience of getting a free boiler?

Cheers

More
4 years 9 months ago #233616 by Tess
Replied by Tess on topic Help with boiler repair?
Well the offer seems to be rubbish. The company said I had to have underfloor insulation done. I cannot ole with having all my floors ruined or afford to fix them again. So the free boiler then became £800 without the floor insulation.
Gary can I get some more info on which companies are genuine and reputable or where to get further advice please.

It all just seems like a scam to get money out of me and I just haven’t got any short of money. It’s been really disappointing to have gotten my hopes up then find out the boiler isn’t free at all.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.