× Members

PIP

More
4 years 7 months ago #235505 by Perdita
PIP was created by Perdita
PIP
I almost completely have to avoid proper face to face contact with people, but manage just about but with difficulty fleeting face to face with than delivery men, too anxious due to contamination fear. Contact with friends , medical people etc all by phone. Could spend a year like this, seeing virtually nobody properly face to face if son not visiting, I am okay with son , can have face to face contact with him. Have on rare extremely essential occasions with son present faced people, but the people comment on my anxiety,I feel v distressed and unable to concentrate, and though I try to remain composed, aftermath terrible.
Do you think this would be needing social support, as in my son, to engage face to face,
or
the higher point one - opd
Got 2 points last time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #235506 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
Cruella

Social Support has a specific legal definition

“Social support” means support from a person trained or experienced in assisting people to engage in social situations.

Whilst a family member might be able to provide this, you would need to explain in detail how they do this, you don't mention him doing anything towards this in your post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

More
4 years 7 months ago #235508 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP
The thing is re social support, I could not cope with the face to face contact with the social supporter, so I don't know how to go about this

More
4 years 7 months ago #235510 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
Cruella

You need to establish a need for the Social Support, you don't have to be receiving it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #235513 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic PIP
Yes, I get it. It's like when you posted earlier, write about your need for help, and how you receive it.
So I need social support, but am unable to receive it. Although I am interpreting social support as a trained social support person actually present helping you engage with others, but could it be professional by telephone social support, support as in counselling sessions to help you?

More
4 years 7 months ago #235522 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP
Hi Cruella

It could count as social support if a series of sessions was for that specific purpose.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.