× Members

PIP Phone Assessment (IAS)

More
4 years 1 month ago #245675 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessors
grace

You need to tell then that you wish to record the assessment, they will then give you permission to do so and in particular that the assessor is happy for this to be done, remember, you have no legal right to require the assessment is recorded it is down to the Assessment Provider and the assessor on the day.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #245679 by grace
Replied by grace on topic PIP Assessors
In IAS's (delivered by Atos) booklet, under Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I record my face-to-face consultation?
A: Yes - but you must let us know three days in advance of your appointment...You'll need to provide your own recording equipment, which must be able to produce two identical physical copies on CD or cassette at the end of the consultation.

They haven't written anything about my needing their "permission" to record, or that I don't have a legal right to require the f2f being recorded, or that it is down to the assessor on the day - they have written "yes" I can in their booklet. I told them in writing a while ago, ie with plenty of notice.

More
4 years 1 month ago #245699 by grace
Replied by grace on topic PIP Assessors & F2F
In their leaflet it says that if any movement they ask us to do causes us pain, we do not have to do it. Surely the same applies to fatigue (physical or cognitive)? – if whatever they ask us to do is going to make us more ill, surely we have the right to refuse to do it? especially if we have medical evidence from our practitioners who know our body better than the assessor, and especially if they are experts in our illness where the assessor is most definitely not?

Where’s the line between the assessor snooping,...and verifying things we’ve written about our home in our PIP2 eg aids/appliances? Are they allowed to open our cupboards etc?

More
4 years 1 month ago #245716 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessors & F2F
Grace

You are entitled to refuse any activity that would cause you unreasonable physical or mental harm, if you do then explain why you have done so to the assessor.

The assessor is a guest in your home they have no right to "search" your home, however, I would not expect them to do this in the first place.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 1 month ago #245726 by grace
Replied by grace on topic PIP Assessors & F2F
Gordon, I so appreciate your answers and help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
4 years 5 days ago #247301 by grace
Replied by grace on topic PIP Phone Assessment (IAS)
I couldn't do my phone assessment because my brain was literally - physically - too ill to do it. I had made this abundantly clear in letters to IAS which they repeatedly ignored. So I decided to go ahead with it and repeat the essential bullet points from my letters of why I couldn't do it to the assessor. I also backed it up with telling her that a welfare rights advisor told me that I am entitled to refuse any activity that would cause me unreasonable physical or mental harm, such as this verbal assessment. She read out to me to confirm what she was going to tell her manager and IAS as to why I needed a paper-based assessment instead. I had to correct some things. She said she "would sort this out for me". I asked her to keep her word to me, to not lie to me about what she was going to do/say to them - she said she won't lie to me. I asked her to not be dishonest by writing that I refused to participate in the phone assessment, that she needed to write the truth which is that my head is too ill to do it. I haven't heard anything yet and it's been a week. I'm going to write to IAS and DWP to confirm in writing what was discussed and agreed, in case she has lied to me (about what she was going to do/tell IAS) and my case has already been or will be passed back to DWP and my claim potentially stopped. I'm planning on writing "To Senior Management" with both letters so that this is escalated, because I have been flogging a dead horse in my attempts thus far. I just wondered if there was a different address for 'Senior Management' in both IAS and DWP (PIP) - or if I should just use the existing addresses?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.