× Members

PIP Phone Assessment (IAS)

More
4 years 6 months ago #238469 by grace
Replied by grace on topic Maximum PIP2 Extension Period?
Ok..., it was just that Gordon wrote, "Chase the DLA reports they should have told you whether they were available or not."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238476 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Maximum PIP2 Extension Period?
Grace

I stand by my comment, have you actually asked them about the reports?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 6 months ago #238483 by grace
Hi Gordon, yes I've made it very clear that I want my DLA reports and test results used for my PIP:
1) For my PIP1 to answer their question re this, I went to the effort of typing up a long list of what I wanted used and stapled it to that relevant page. Since THEY (in their PIP1 form) asked the question of what reports etc we want used, the presumption is that I didn't need to ask explicitly for them to confirm IF they still have these (and WHICH ones) but that THEY would let me know.
2) When I wrote them my recent letter asking for a longer extension, I wrote that there was no mention in their PIP2 covering letter IF they still had my reports etc from DLA and asked them to confirm.
So it's been twice that they haven't responded with an answer. And it's a LOT of info meaning a LOT of photocopying and printing for me to do (again).
The reason I asked if this is typical of them is because I want to know if it's worth my energy and time drain writing to them again (phone calls are too difficult for me), or if based on most claimants' experience of them not answering (or not saying yes they still have them) I should just let it go, and save my energy/time for photocoping and printing them all again.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238484 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Maximum PIP2 Extension Period?
Grace

If you have the information then I would supply it that way you know what is available to those assessing you and you can make reference to it in your PIP2, the criteria for DLA is very different from PIP so you may need to explain the relevance of the information and of course it will be old and you will need to cover this as well.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: grace

More
4 years 6 months ago #238629 by Jo2468
Replied by Jo2468 on topic Maximum PIP2 Extension Period?
Hello Grace. I'm in the process of filling out the PIP.1021 for a change of circumstances. My husband rang them for an extension two weeks before the deadline and was promised a confirmation letter would be sent out. It wasn't. (Due back on 9/10/19) the guy had said 23/10/19. I.e. 2 weeks. My husband rang again a week later (2/10/19) to find that no record had been made. He spoke to a really nice lady (surprised!) Who called him back and confirmed that they'd managed to find the details and the extension was given to the 5/11/19. Just make sure there's a valid reason for the extension. I.e. waiting for a document wouldn't seem to be a valid reason. Mine was due to going through emdr each week which has a serious impact on me for some days afterward.

That aside, I'm pretty much finished mine and I have all the medical letters required anyways, so I'm hoping to get it in to them well before the 5/11/19.

I was really shocked they'd given a 4 week extension tbh.

Hope this helps some and good luck with the claim. Xx

More
4 years 2 months ago #243384 by grace
Jo2468, thank you so much for writing that.

Just to give any readers of this thread hope: by letter they'd given me a 6.5 week extension. Then the day before it was due in, I had no choice but to phone them (which I avoid because my head was/is in such a bad state) to say my brain was literally unable to do anymore. The man who answered easily offered another 2 week extension but thankfully I knew better and asked him if he had the authority to grant me this extension when I had already been given a 6.5 week extension. He then transferred me to a Case Manager. That man asked me if I'd started my PIP2; I said yes and volunteered the question numbers I still had to do. He offered me a week more but I asked for 9 days because I knew my brain would be unable to do anything more of my PIP2 on some days. He agreed without quibbling. I asked for confirmation like a reference number and mentioned that I was scared that this agreed further extension wouldn't be recorded and then I'd be in trouble. He just replied that it's recorded under his name and gave that to me again. That was November and there've been no problems since so it was obviously accepted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.