× Members

PIP Phone Assessment (IAS)

More
4 years 6 months ago #237956 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Maximum PIP2 Extension Period?
grace

If you haven't received the letter then you have not been classed as being at risk, it may be possible to sort this out but it is likely that it will take longer than you have to complete the form.

A DM is not involved with the PIP1 unless the computer flags an anomaly if a PIP2 has been issued then one wasn't found.

Chase the DLA reports they should have told you whether they were available or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #237975 by Anka_harris
Replied by Anka_harris on topic Maximum PIP2 Extension Period?
Just to let you know I am on my third and final extension of 2 weeks. Have spoken to a very helpful telephone advisor at DWP each time. They referred it to their case manager, whilst I was on the phone and then got back to me. Rang another couple of times too. They were all extremely helpful. I,too, gave cognitive fatigue and CFS. It's quite literally taken all this time to do it and been a nightmare. Hoping to get it off by Monday /Tuesday
Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: grace, Gary

More
4 years 5 months ago #238189 by grace
Replied by grace on topic Maximum PIP2 Extension Period?
Anka, thank you so much for telling me that especially considering how drowsy you are and wanted to post your PIP2 Mon/Tues. I so appreciate hearing experiences of claimants that are the exception to the general rule at the time. I made the effort to post on here a few years ago that my DLA was decided in 2 days, and 4 days after they received my evidence I received their letter of my award (correct rates).

More
4 years 5 months ago #238374 by Anka_harris
Replied by Anka_harris on topic Maximum PIP2 Extension Period?
You're very welcome Grace.
Good luck with your application tok.
Warm wishes
Anka

More
4 years 5 months ago #238461 by grace
Replied by grace on topic Maximum PIP2 Extension Period?
I received a letter saying my deadline has been extended just over another 6 weeks. Going on what Anka wrote, am I right in thinking that the most Case Managers are allowed to extend by is 6 weeks? Or have you heard of claimants being given months?

For the second time there was no mention of whether they have my reports and test results from DLA. Is this a common problem of them not volunteering this info (even though they ask the question in PIP1)?

More
4 years 5 months ago #238462 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Maximum PIP2 Extension Period?
Hi Grace

There is no official policy about the length of an extension which has been published other than the two weeks normally allowed. However, what we are seeing is some people are being given a longer time, but I am not aware of anyone being allowed months.

They will not normally mention that they have your past records.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.