× Members

Camly's ESA 2019/20

More
4 years 3 months ago #241227 by LilacGem
Camly's ESA 2019/20 was created by LilacGem
Well my ESA due for reassessment very soon so getting organised... I last did it Feb 2016... I notice the guide has been updated... is there a way for me to find out if anything significant has changed in the guide since then?

I find reading really difficult so was hoping to avoid reading the entire guide again.... Especially since my condition hasn't changed & therefore was planning on saying exactly the same as last time, copied word for word.
I wonder how many times the guide has updated since then? - is there a list of changes in the new guide/s somewhere please?

So sorry if it's on the site & I missed it, I did look but I very foggy often miss things

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #241229 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Camly's ESA 2019/20
Camly

There are no significant changes, the Descriptors and Regulations remain the same as when you were last assessed, the only area of significance to be aware of are changes to the DWP guidance on Substantial Risk which have made it a lot more difficult to qualify for the SG through this route.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem

More
4 years 3 months ago #241602 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic Camly's ESA 2019/20
thanks Gordon.

Regarding medical evidence. How recent does a GP's letter need to be - if theirs is the only medical evidence you can get access to?

I'm not sure when my reassessment will be... 2yrs ago they told me it was due again in March 2020. Past experience told me to expect out the ESA50 a month prior to their reassessment date - so it would be arriving in February. However when we rang DWP last wk to check the date, they said they 'had it on their system to review in January'. So I took it that the form would be arriving in Dec, but when I said to him he said "no we will be reviewing it in Jan, you may not get your actual reassessment till Feb/March but the form definitely wont come before middle of January".

Now my GP wrote me a great letter back in May for my PIP assessment - successful - enhanced mobility, standard care.
Nothing has changed but I'm assuming I will need a new one for my ESA assessment - i was planning on asking her to just reissue the letter but with a current date.
But.... I have a docs appointment next wk, it's a new GP so I don't know her well (she just signed off on previous GPs letter which he prepared in advance before retiring & left on the system). I am phobic about Drs.
My appointment is for something else but it will be brief so I was hoping I might be able to mention the letter as well, & thus spare myself the ordeal of having to go again in the Jan/Feb.

So... if she did me a reprint of the letter with Dec date on it, & it turns out the ESA form doesn't come until March.... would Maximus/DWP consider a December dated letter 'out of date'? Is it better to wait until I actually have the form to ask the GP to reprint the letter, or would you expect a 3mnth old letter to be just as good as a more recent one?

More
4 years 3 months ago #241617 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Camly's ESA 2019/20
Hi Camly91

A three-month-old letter from your GP will be fine for evidence to be included with your ESA review.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem

More
4 years 3 months ago #241720 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic Camly's ESA 2019/20
Thanks BIS.
I saw my GP today & explained it coming soon & she agreed to re-issue the same letter as was done for my PIP - which covers all the key points for me - it's actually the original successful ESA letter but with a few care-specific points added in so it would be appropriate for PIP to.
She is going to leave it with the secretary so I can ask for it when I need it over the next couple of months. So that a good result.

But I just noticed that it says 'PIP support letter' at the top left... it looks like this..

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN Surgery Address details
PIP Support Letter

I have been asked to write a brief report on Camly's current state of health etc etc etc

I'm worried about it saying it's for PIP with me sending it off now for ESA again... How important do you think that is, do you think it matters?
Do i need to get back in touch with the Dr to ask her to remove that/change it to ESA? I could just ask the secretary to do it but i don't know if she will feel comfortable doing that without the Drs instruction.
Am very much hoping I don't need to speak to her again, it makes me so unwell mentally, just booking a phone call makes me lose sleep for days.

But getting in the SG without a F2F is the main thing (as I did the last 3 times with this letter - before it was expanded for PIP but I can't see those additions being an issue?)

So if you think that 'PIP support letter' title will compromise the credibility of the letter in any way for this ESA claim then I will have to grit my teeth & contact her again.

More
4 years 3 months ago #241721 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Camly's ESA 2019/20
Hi Camly91

As long as the letter covers your condition and you are happy with it then I would not worry if it states 'PIP support letter'. By the sound of your post even though I do not think it will make any difference, it will play on your mind, so I would explain to the secretary your predicament, I cannot see why they would refuse to detete that one line 'PIP Support Letter' as the letter could be used for both benefits which would save them time in the future.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.