× Members

Camly's ESA 2019/20

More
4 years 4 months ago #241910 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic Camly's ESA 2019/20
Bless you Gordon thank you so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #244347 by LilacGem
I've been put in SG 3 times without a face to face - I assume because GP evidence on the mobilising question, because I don't score 15 points on anything else. But to have the best chance, I want to send a copy of my PIP assessors report along with my ESA claim, as it has some good helpful bits in it - especially about walking (they deemed I cant walk 20mtrs), & cannot go out alone due to distress. However it also has some unhelpful, inaccurate bits in it, which frankly I don't want them to see (I didn't challenge the report because I was content with the overall award).

I am planning to send in just the couple of helpful pages from the assessors report. Will that be ok or is there some negative to not sending the full report? Will they think it suspicious that I haven't included all of it?

More
4 years 2 months ago #244349 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Camly's ESA 2019/20
Hi Camly91

That's a difficult one. I'm not an assessor, but I probably would be suspicious that you had not included the whole report. It could be argued, however, that you have only included the bits that are relevant! You're going to have to make your own mind up on this one.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #244412 by LilacGem
Thank you BIS I will need to give it some thought.

Friends/carers have gradually been filling in the PDF version of the form & it is now complete, just needs proof reading & a few points underlining etc. But I have just discovered that the form now says it should be filled in in capital letters! I'm sure it didn't say that the last time we did an esa50 (in 2016)?

It's typed, but it's not in capitals. do we have to start the whole thing again? I mean I can understand why they want it in capitals if it's hand written, but is it essential that the whole thing is done again?
It will mean fitting in a lot less on the actual form & more on the extra sheets, & I don't know if there will be time to do it all again. How important is it? do you think it will count against me/make them less sympathetic towards me if its typed but not in capitals?

More
4 years 2 months ago #244414 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Camly's ESA 2019/20
Hi Camly91

No, you don't need to start again. If it's typed then it's readable. They say to put it in capital letters because of the difficulty they have had in reading people's handwriting. It is not an issue if it's typed.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem, SUE C C

More
4 years 2 months ago #244415 by LilacGem
Oh my! i cant tell you how happy that makes me! lol i was finding it all terribly stressful, it seems easier now. Nothing like seeing how worse something can be, to put things in proportion!

thanks Bis :)

Thinking about the assessors report....what is your instinct about my just sending the 3 or4 relevant pages with a note attached - i attach a cover note to all my med evidence anyway just to list what I've sent. So on that, or maybe even better stapled to the actual report excepts, saying - ''as space in the envelope is limited we have included just a copy of what we felt were the most relevant pages from PIP assessors report, please let us know if you would like us to send the entire report''. ???

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.