× Members

Capita Phone call

More
3 years 9 months ago #249382 by Wadsworth
Capita Phone call was created by Wadsworth
Hi
Could you please guide me my PIP forms was sent back received at CAPITA on 9th March,
My daughter received a phone call from them Thursday 9th July to inform me that i would be having a Phone Assessment and the date would be in 2 to 3 weeks time and a letter would be in the post to confirm when.
I have not been feeling well today Friday 10th July so spent the afternoon in bed at 15.30 I received a message on the answer phone asking me if i could call them between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday.
Could you please guide me what to do i am leaving calling them back until next week has it has made me very stressful . My carer will do the call for me if they want to interview me can ask for a time when its convenient so that i can arrange for a family member to be present
Any help on this would be appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #249384 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Capita Phone call
Hi Mr. Frog

The only person who can answer your questions is Capita. I assume that they are now going to try to arrange your telephone assessment. I'm sure there will be some options in this, but not necessarily as many as you might hope. Yes, you are entitled to say that you need someone with you when the call is made and hopefully they will be flexible.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 9 months ago #249710 by Wadsworth
Replied by Wadsworth on topic Capita Phone call
Hi
Just to let you know after Capita receiving my pip form from dla on 9th March I was on hold because of covid but looks like their back on assessments as i got a phone call 2 weeks ago and was asked to make a telephone assessment date.
I called CAPITA and although it says on my form that due to my illness I do not get out of bed until after 9am could any dates please reflect this, my carer called the office and they offered my carer 8am straight away i got a refusal because of the above mentioned through no fault of my own.
My assessment will be on Monday 27th July at 12.30pm I am so stressed about this but will definitely be recording for my own use i just don't trust them.
Any help or guidance from anyone would be much appreciated

More
3 years 9 months ago #249715 by BIS
Hi Mr. Frog

If you have a look at the latest PIP guide - Guide to PIP claims and reviews - starting on page 77 are ten pages regarding telephone assessments.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pollenpath

More
3 years 8 months ago #249818 by Wadsworth
Replied by Wadsworth on topic Capita Phone call
Hi
After a sleepless night just finished my 80 minute call the HP due to speaking to my daughter forgot to give her name
Should i be worried although i have recorded it.
She was very thorough and said it would be a long call because of my many health problems.
She kept pushing the use of aids but i replied aids are no use they don't stop the pain i get when trying to do things i rely on 2 crutches to keep me upright so aids are no use if i fall or stumble because i have to let go of my crutches.
All the aids i have are a Raised toilet seat, raised toilet surround, Shower seat, Grab rail, electric bed and chair i have purchased all myself to help me,
She kept on about have i seen a Occupational Therapist all the time,
Do i need to worry about this I see my doctor about my health and a OT has never been suggested, any thoughts am i worrying too much.
I will be requesting the HP report on Wednesday.
She did say that the DWP are taking 8 to 10 weeks to respond with a final answer.
Will update you when i know more but will go all the way if i have to
Mr Frog
The following user(s) said Thank You: hakim

More
3 years 8 months ago #249819 by BIS
Hi Mr. Frog

I'm glad you got through the phone call. Should you be worried about the result? I can't answer that. You shouldn't worry at this stage because there's nothing you can do, but that's easier said than done. It doesn't matter that you haven't seen an OT - lots of people haven't. You can always ask your GP for a referral if you want to see one - but obviously, in the current circumstances, it will be a long time before you can see one. Ring for the report on Wednesday and hopefully you will not have long to receive it. Come back to us if it throws up any questions.

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wadsworth

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.