× Members

Capita Phone call

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #250119 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Capita Phone call
Mr Frog

There have been occasions when a Tribunal has admitted a recording but it is rare.

As to the recommendation, two reasons

- It is a useful reference source for what actually happened during the assessment
- If you don't have it you can't use it

You should also have a read of the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3688-most...enior-tribunal-judge

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #250168 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Capita Phone call
Hi, doing a transcript of the recording is a massive pain. I know. I have done it. But it was worth every minute, hours as I don't even touch type. Because I was able to submit it, referring just to specific minutes where necessary, as evidence of the mis-conduct of our daughter's F2F. And we won Enhanced DL and MOB at Tribunal. [If you use cassette tapes, copy the original before you start to transcribe and use the copy, as constant stopping and starting will likely damage the tape.]
As Gordon says, if you don't have it you can't use it. I also think that it can act as a 'warning shot' to assessors not to mess around. Though it didn't completely stop that one - but at least we had the evidence to win.
Denby

More
3 years 8 months ago #250222 by Wadsworth
Replied by Wadsworth on topic Capita Phone call
Thankyou for that I have since called capita to see if the HP report has been sent and the DWP received it 3 days after my call. I have since called the DWP and a copy of the report is being sent to me. I will do a transcript if necessary

More
3 years 8 months ago #250228 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Capita Phone call
Hi Mr Frog

Good luck with your assessment, when you have a better idea of any issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 8 months ago #250321 by Wadsworth
Replied by Wadsworth on topic Capita Phone call
Hi
After several phone calls and letter that was received by the DWP on 31/07/20 but on calling on the 12th August my letter had still not been scanned in the system they blamed the Postal staff
I have received the HP Report and I have scored enhanced on both care & mobility.
Although I disagree with some of the scores and what the HP agreed in my recording differs to what they have scored me.
I have limited ability to stand upright without 2 crutches this is all documented so if I was to try and prepare food in the kitchen as soon has I let go of the crutches I become very unstable and safe. Perching stools where thrown out has I have a tumour in my left buttock which means I couldn't balance on a stool this was all agreed in the report also
for this reason I cannot cook or prepare food at all I would score myself 8 points but the HP has scored me 4 points needing assistance to prepare or cook food, I cannot do this at all its beyond me in the report for there justification it states unsafe to use a microwave due to pain and reliance on 2 crutches so cant use arms and balance is poor !
I could go on about another 4 descriptors in this way but am glad I still have scored over 12 points. Just not worth rocking the boat is it.
They have even ticked the box that states based on the available evidence, I consider there to be no requirement to arrange a review of this claim as significant change is unlikely.
Does this mean I may be put into the ongoing 10 year group
Also what's the likelihood of the DWP assessor going against the result I await the DWP decision.

More
3 years 8 months ago #250327 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Capita Phone call
Mr Frog

The report seems to be well argued from your post this makes it likely that the Decision Maker will follow the recommendation, also, the report does appear to be recommending an On-Going award.

Decisions appear to be taking around 12 weeks from the assessment.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.