× Members

PIP: initial claim by post update

More
3 years 6 months ago #251232 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic PIP: initial claim by post update
The assessor asked her if she can take money from the cashpoint but didn't ask what she did with it. Thanks. Yes, I meant unsuccessful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #251247 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP: initial claim by post update
Hi Irisheyes

I think if they didn't ask - then an assumption has been made.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #251635 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic PIP: initial claim by post update
BIS as you advised my daughter wrote to the DWP to nominate me as her appointee. Actually I wrote the letter, posted it first class to her and included an SAE with First Class stamp so that she could ask someone to post it to the DWP. I phoned them today. They had received the letter but it didn;t count. A form had to be filled in. I thought she would have to fill it in but they completed it with me over the phone.
The assessor's report which was sent to her was posted to me nine days ago by first class mail. It hasn't arrived. I have now asked for another copy to be sent to me. I also asked for extra time but my wish to go through the mandatory reconsideration process was registered as being started today and I now have another month to send in a response to the assessor's report. From the summary given in the letter sent to my daughter telling her that her claim had not been successful I know that either parts of what the assessor wrote were incorrect or what the decision maker has concluded, based on that report, is inaccurate.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.