× Members

PIP: initial claim by post update

More
3 years 8 months ago #250581 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic PIP: initial claim by post update
I was phoned by IAS who had received my letter to inform them of their cancellation. I asked again if she could have a paper assessment but was told that this would not be possible. I was told that I could have a three way call but that the appointment would have to be rebooked. I said that I would not rebook it as it would cause her more distress and that I wouldn't bother. Her MP phoned and was also told that a paper assessment would not be possible but that I would be included in a three way call on Thursday. If her MP had not been involved I would not have known. I received a text from ISA yesterday reminding me of MY assessment on Thursday and I thought they had the wrong number but my daughter also received the same text. Their incompetence continues to beggar belief.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #250582 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP: initial claim by post update
Hi Irisheyes

I hope that the assessment goes as well as it can be for your daughter and yourself in these difficult circumstances.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ELEANOR

More
3 years 8 months ago #250599 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP: initial claim by post update
My sympathies both on their incompetence and harsh attitude. Paper based assessments ARE possible as they have just done on for our daughter, though we are still waiting to see it. However I believe it was probably done thanks to a GP letter which specifically asked for it due to the distress both phone and face to face ones would cause.
Best wishes, Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: ELEANOR

More
3 years 7 months ago #250645 by ELEANOR
The assessment has taken place. The phone call was on time and the assessor was very professional. The assessment lasted for one hour and fifteen minutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
3 years 7 months ago #251063 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic PIP: initial claim by post update
My daughter's claim for PIP has been successful. I can see straight away that two reasons for this are incorrect. 'You can manage complex budgeting decisions unaided.' I have third party on her bank account and manage her finances. She can take money out at the cashpoint. 'You need an aid or appliance to be able to prepare or cook a simple meal.' She cannot prepare or cook a simple meal at all. Her boyfriend does the cooking. We will ask for mandatory reconsideration. She has agreed to appoint me as her nominee. How does she do this?

More
3 years 7 months ago #251101 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP: initial claim by post update
Hi Irisheyes

You said in the post below that your daughter's claim had been successful, but I assume you mean 'unsuccessful'?

I don't know whether you said or she said that she takes money out of the cashpoint. If you haven't explained this well, then it will be assumed that she can make a complex decision. You need to explain what she takes it out for and what she does with it. It won't be enough to say you manage all her finances if she is doing that one thing independently of you, because it sounds like a contradiction. Please realise I'm not disagreeing with you - simply playing devil's advocate of how it may appear.

Your daughter will need to write to the DWP and give her permission for the change to take place.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.