× Members

Pip telephone assessment

More
3 years 5 months ago #252507 by KPPurple
Pip telephone assessment was created by KPPurple
Had my telephone assessment today, it didnt go well i dont think assessor kept trying to divert me and downplay what i was saying.
Started with general questions about condition which was ok.
Then moved onto planning a journey, I outlined the difficulties i had with a familar journey, she then said could you manage a familiar journey with a cane. I replied I couldnt see obstacles and for unfamilar journeys i would need someone to go with me.

For meals she mentioned about making tea, cereal or using a microwave. I said i needed to use a liquid level indicator and my mircowave is touch digital and so i couldnt see it. I was asked about cutting or chopping. I said i needed assistance. She didnt ask about being able to see if food was cooked so i added it in.

Taking nutrition
I said i needed to use a liquid level indicator. She said that didnt count.

Dressing and undressing
I said i needed assistance from mum with buttons or clasps

Communcaiting
Could i speak to people and understand them, i said yes

Mixing with others
I said i couldnt see them to make eye contact

Budgets
No issues

Toilet issues
I was told mobility or finding toilets wasnt covered

Reading
I said i use a magnifier but it takes longer for me read as its so zoomed in. I need help with reading signs outside, she said thst didnt count...dont think thats right?

Washing and dressing
I need help in and out of bath and use coloured bands for shampoo or conditioner

Overall i didnt think it went well. Dreading outcome.

What are peoples thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252515 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip telephone assessment
Hi KPPurple

Sorry, you felt it was so awful. It's hard to make any valid comments when we weren't on the call. Leave it forty-eight hours and ring up and request a copy of the assessment report. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to keep playing it over in your mind until the report is in front of you and then you will know if you have issues that need to be tackled.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sand625, Sian

More
3 years 5 months ago #252519 by KPPurple
Replied by KPPurple on topic Pip telephone assessment
Hi BIS
Yes, it was awful in terms of communication I said I have diffculty with processing information e,go at a work meeting and then acting on it or taking messages over the phone. She said that didn’t count as long as I could hear and understand what I was being asked,
Also, every time I said what my difficulty was she said that doesn’t count or not relevant here?! E.g. when I said I need help outdoors to read information as I can’t see in certain conditions, she said that didn’t count. Although the actual criteria is must be Able to read in and outdoors. Very off putting!
With regards to the report is there a time limit on when I can request it? Or can I wait until I get a decision?

More
3 years 5 months ago #252536 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip telephone assessment
KPPurple

I've seen members report the worst of assessments only to receive the highest award and the best only to find that no award has been made, the report will give you the best idea of what the Decision will be.

You should be able to request a copy of the assessment report once it has been received and logged by the DWP, this should only take a couple of days so maybe not Monday but Tuesday give the DWP office dealing with your claim a call, the reports official title is a PA4 but "assessment report" is usually sufficient.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #252550 by KPPurple
Replied by KPPurple on topic Pip telephone assessment
Hi Gordon / BIS
Can I request a copy of the report when I don’t have a decision yet ? Are they allowed to give it to me?
If I wanted to wait until I got a decision before asking for assessment report, is there a time limit to do this?

More
3 years 5 months ago #252551 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip telephone assessment
KPPurple

Yes, for PIP you can request the report before the Decision is made.

You can request the report after the Decision there is no time limit for doing this but you need to be aware of the one month limit for requesting an MR and the 13 month absolute limit for requesting a Late MR.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.