× Members

Pip telephone assessment

More
3 years 5 months ago #252702 by KPPurple
Replied by KPPurple on topic Pip telephone assessment

BIS wrote: Hi KPPurple

I'm sorry about the delay in getting your report. I know what you've been told, but I would ring each week. Those reports are supposed to be loaded up to the system within 48 hours so, they owe you an explanation for the delay. They are trying this a lot with people - but one of our members successfully argued during an MR that if the report had been uploaded a week later and the assessor had been doing other assessments - how could they accurately remember what had been said. I thought this was a great point and it helped them win their case. It's the first time I've heard of someone using this. I think it will be used more.

BIS

Can you point me to the guidance where it says the recommendation is 48 hours? I’ve tried to look under the pip assessment guide but couldn’t find anything. I’m not in the main land uk and so deal with their equivalent where I live, would that be anything to do with it? Capita carried out my telephone assessment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252719 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip telephone assessment
KPPurple

I'm afraid we can't point you at the guidance, if it is written down then it is not in the Public Domain, however, we know that this is the requirement because it was mentioned in a comment by the DWP some time ago.

You say you are not on the UK mainland, are you in the UK or outside of it because the procedures will be different?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #252723 by KPPurple
I’m in the in the nation countries of the uk.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252728 by Gordon

KPPurple wrote: I’m in the in the nation countries of the uk.

If you are in Northern Ireland then the Department for Communities procedures are different from the DWP's and they will not release the report until a Decision is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KPPurple

More
3 years 5 months ago #252732 by KPPurple

Gordon wrote:

KPPurple wrote: I’m in the in the nation countries of the uk.

If you are in Northern Ireland then the Department for Communities procedures are different from the DWP's and they will not release the report until a Decision is made.

Gordon

Thanks for letting me know, that's a shame their not held to the same accountability as dwp. As they use snail mail, post might be marked with a certain date but when it arrives with me its usually 2 weeks later. Yet I only have 2 weeks to organise a mandatory reconsideration.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252751 by Gordon
KPPurple

You can always make a Late request for an MR citing the delay in receiving the Decision Letter as a reason for the delay.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.