× Members

Pip has been reduced

More
3 years 5 months ago #252510 by Amy
Pip has been reduced was created by Amy
Hello I am new to this site, I stumbled upon it a few months ago but have only just subscribed.
I received my decision letter yesterday after telephone pip assessment 10 weeks ago. Unfortunately I've been dropped from enhanced on both to standard on both. Obviously lots of lies and I will be asking for a mandatory reconsideration. My partner is currently on hold to pip to start the process but I will also send something in writing by recorded delivery today. Should this be the form (sorry I can't remember what the form is called) or just a letter? I'm not ready to send in evidence yet, I am speaking to the doctor on Monday, hopefully she will fill in a new copy of the gp form that I found on this site. I don't see the doctor very often as I am past the point of them being able to help me but I think this has hindered me as the doctors don't know how my condition effects me. I've chosen the doctor that knows me best, hoping she'll help. I did record the assessment and will be listening to it and making notes of the lies. I have started reading through the guides on this site, it's all very overwhelming. I was in a state yesterday, scared of losing my motability car, feeling unsure if I can cope with this stress. I have been here before with an esa mandatory reconsideration and it was turned around before appeal, I know I'm entitled to this and I feel I have a reasonable knowledge of how this all works. But I'm extremely overwhelmed and although I have a plan at the moment of sending something in and then gathering the evidence I would just like a bit of help and support to make sure I do this right.
Unfortunately I have arrived at this site too late to help with my original pip form but I have had help in the past from cab so I did copy a few points that they helped me with 3 years ago.
I'm also requesting a copy of the assessors report, should have done this sooner I know, I was putting it off and hoping for the best. I also made the rookie mistake of not taking a copy of the form I sent off, I'll ask for that too but not sure if they will? Also I only have 3 weeks as it took a week for the letter to reach me! Dated 15th Oct, received on 22nd.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252514 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip has been reduced
Hi Amy

Hi PQ

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Sorry, this has happened to you.

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with if you want to (but you can just write your own letter).

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor has recorded that I am able to walk 50m because I shop once a month. I do but they have failed to document that I have to stop every five minutes for a rest due to breathlessness"

rather than their opinions

"based on my what the claimant told me about shopping, I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

They should give you a copy of your form - if they don't you will need to put in a SAR - subject access request. However, I think they will send it. You won't make that mistake again. Never ever, send the DWP anything without having a copy of it.

I know you're trying to go through where you may have gone 'wrong' - look at some of the sample answers and see if you explained your condition enough. It's easy to assume someone will understand - but often the assessors don't have the knowledge and the decision-maker is not a medical professional at all.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #252520 by Amy
Replied by Amy on topic Pip has been reduced
Thank you. We have phoned and logged the mandatory reconsideration, they gave us a date of 23rd November to have the evidence in by, I will aim for a week before to allow plenty of time, shall I still send a written letter also asking for the mandatory reconsideration?
they have requested both the assessor's report and a copy of my pip2 that I forgot to make a copy of, hopefully it won't take too long to arrive. In the meantime I will start to make some notes and read through all the guides again on here.
Thank you

More
3 years 5 months ago #252537 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip has been reduced
Amy

Even though an MR has already been logged I would include a formal request in with the information that you intend to send. The time that you have been given includes postage time so sooner is better than later and definitely no later than the week before or you risk the MR Decision being made without your information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #252825 by Amy
Replied by Amy on topic Pip has been reduced
Hello again,
I have received the report from assessor along with the copy of my original form.
the assessor didn't actually make that many mistakes, there's a few points I need to make.
most of the problems seem to have come from the decision maker making assumptions.
my report clearly states I have gotten worse since the last assessment where I was given enhanced on both, I will do my best to get the doctor to verify this. I can't see anything on the report that suggests they got any recent evidence from my gp, is this normal?
I feel a bit overwhelmed on where to start. I have a recording of the telephone assessment, do I amke it clear that I have this and quote from it in the points I need to argue?
Thank you

More
3 years 5 months ago #252860 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip has been reduced
Hi Amy

The DWP do not contact GP or any other medical professionals except on very rare occasions. They expect claimants to provide any up to day information.

Make sure that when you are putting in for an MR - that you concentrate on the areas where you think you should have scored more highly.

Don't waste time on things that will not score you points - because they will make no difference to a decision. Sum them up in a final paragraph if you want to include them.

The recording is for your reference. You can say what you said at the time, but I wouldn't give them notice of a covert recording at this point.

BIS

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.