× Members

Pip has been reduced

More
3 years 5 months ago #253137 by Amy
Replied by Amy on topic Pip has been reduced
Good evening,
So far I have a letter from the pain clinic, a letter from the mental health team looking after me, a letter from my partner/carer and i'm waiting on a letter from the doctor plus the forms i printed off from this site.
I am making a start on my statement to argue each score point that is neccesary this week, unfortunately I'm not feeling too great as I have tested positive for Covid19.
I'm just wondering whether I should try and get something from my local MP? I have done this before for previous issues regarding schooling and housing but I dont really know what I'm asking them for. Shall I base it on being scored less points than previous award, potentially losing the motability car for conditions that have only gotten worse and will not improve?
Do you have any template letters for this?
Thank you
Amy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253142 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip has been reduced
Amy

there is a Submissions document in the PIP area that you can use.

I would go back to basics and justify the points that you think you should have scored for each activity.

Did you mean MP and not GP, if you did then I can't see what they can add of value to your PIP claim, if the latter then certainly if you can get them to do so within the timescales for returning your request.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #253160 by Amy
As previously stated I received my letter on the 22nd october stating my pip had been reduced from the 15th october. my partner rang and logged the MR on 23rd October and we were told we had until 23rd november to get all the evidence in. I followed this up confirming the MR, evidence I needed from them and the date I was told. It was 8 days before i recieved the report etc due to first lady not sending it. I have been worrying about the date ever since,asking on here to be sure it was the 23rd November. My partner called them today as I'm panicking and it is in fact the 15th they want everything by. I havent finsihed my statement yet or heard back from the doctor.should we call again to dispute this,is there any point? Obviously I will send what I've got asap, tomorrow but I may not have the evidence from the doctor by then.
This is horrendous, I am really struggling to cope, plus I have Covid! Sorry for the rant
Amy

More
3 years 5 months ago #253164 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip has been reduced
Amy

You have one month from the date of the Decision for the DWP to receive your request for an MR. So if the date on the Decision Letter is 15 October then your MR request needs to be with the DWP on 14 November.

However, you said in a previous post that when you called on the 23 October your call was treated a such a request and therefore the DWP should have already recorded that an MR had been asked for.

As to the paperwork, you said that you had been given a month to return the paperwork, this is unusual as the DWP normally only give four weeks so the date is either 22 November or 20 November respectively, although I stress you need to allow time for postage.

If they are saying that no MR has been recorded on their system then you can request one by phone and then ask for additional time to send you papers in or you can make a Late request for an MR but you will need to provide Good Cause for it being delayed, if you have tested positive for the virus then this should be more than adequate as an explanation for the delay.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #253204 by Amy
We called DWP again yesterday and have been told we have an extension due to the circumstances. They wouldn't provide written confirmation so we are going to call again tomorrow and ask what date it has to be in again by,hopefully there's a note on the system saying 19/12/20 was agreed. My evidence from the GP will not be ready until the end of next week so hopefully the extension is valid otherwise I will probably miss the deadline or only get some of the evidence in. We do have phone recordings each time we have called, we've been given different dates each time so they are nice and organised as usual.
Thanks to your guides and samples I have nearly finished my 5 page statement arguing the points given.
Amy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.