× Members

Pip has been reduced

More
3 years 5 months ago #252866 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Pip has been reduced
Hi Amy, just want to add to the moderators' welcome to the best site around for help getting justice with PIP. Yes it feels overwhelming when you read the lies, but take a deep breath and be determined to win, you know they hope by marking you down they will 'weed' some claimants out of getting what they are, in your case very clearly, entitled to. Remember it's not their money they're trying to do you out of, it belongs to all of us and I for one believe you should have it! You may need to let Motability know you are putting in for MR and will go on to appeal if necessary.
Just follow the Mods' guidance carefully, you learn by your mistakes and won't make them again. Our daughter just got her enhanced on both back third time around, and I wouldn't have managed it without the guides here.
Best wishes, Denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #252899 by Amy
Replied by Amy on topic Pip has been reduced
Hi Denby,
Thanks so much for your message. Yes it's all very overwhelming but ive done this before with esa and got it turned around on MR so hopefully I can do it again.
I have informed motability, I wish the dwp were like motability,they are always so pleasant and caring, the lady seemed genuinely upset on my behalf.
May I ask you what specific guidance you followed on here? Did you get enhanced first time around with the help on here or did you win an MR or appeal?
Thanks again, stay safe.
Amy

More
3 years 5 months ago #252900 by Amy
Good evening.
I have my phone call with the doctor tomorrow, I'm planning on getting them to fill out the tick box form i found on here and also a letter. I will send 2 copies of the tick box form,one i have done myself which i hope they just sign and send back and a blank one incase they want to change anything,but i will ask them to call me to discuss any changes or anything they disagree with.
Just wanted to add that after a week of waiting for the assessors report and a copy of my original pip2 form , my partner called pip to ask where it was as hadnt recieved it.An hours wait on hold concluded that original lady that logged the MR had not requested this information!! Luckily i received it the following day. Should I be asking for more time considering the request wasn't fulfilled first time around? I think I'll still manage to get it done before the deadline but if it hadnt been for my partner calling them I'd still be waiting now!
Thank you
Amy

More
3 years 5 months ago #252906 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip has been reduced
Amy

You can ask for more time but whether it is given or not will depend on the Decision Maker and there is no guarantee that it will be given.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #252935 by Amy
Quick question.
I received the letter stating the reduced pip on the 22nd Oct,it was dated the 15th October. We got through to them on the phone on 23rd October and logged the MR. She said deadline is 23rd November. I posted written confirmation of the requests. I have not received anything in writing that says my cut off date is the 23rd Nov, Could it be in fact the 15 th November, 1 month after they sent the letter? I'm wondering if they have given me the wrong date so they can trick me?
thanks

More
3 years 5 months ago #252947 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip has been reduced
Amy

You won't receive confirmation of the extra time.

If you contacted then on 23 October then the extra time will run to 23 November providing they gave you a month and not the usual four weeks but this date is when the DM must receive your information so you need to allow time for postage.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.