× Members

Esa awaiting group

More
3 years 5 months ago #253381 by Sunshine99
Replied by Sunshine99 on topic Esa awaiting group
Ok so I now have telephone assessment on 9 December to decide which group I will be in
1 I have no copy of my original form forgot and I can’t remember what I said .... will the questions be exactly as on the form ? I guess I will just answer as honestly as I can
2 Can I record the call from another device for my own use

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #253387 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa awaiting group
Sunshine

1. There is a list of the questions you are likely to be asked in our ESA/UC Claim guide.

2. You can legally record the call for your own purposes but you must not inform the assessor that you are doing so or allow them to become aware, if you do then you risk the call being terminated and your file being returned to the DWP for failing to participate in the assessment.

I missed your previous post about the Descriptors, some comments assuming we are talking about the same ones.

ESA is not a walking test, it is a Mobility test! In addition to your walking, it considers your ability to self-propel a manual wheelchair over the same distances, you do not need to be using a wheelchair or even to own one for it to be considered. SO even if you can show your walking is restricted unless you can also show that you cannot self-propel the wheelchair you will still not score points.

For Descriptor 8 you must meet all of the criteria to score (and there are seven of these).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 5 months ago #253390 by Sunshine99
Replied by Sunshine99 on topic Esa awaiting group
Hi Gordon

Thanks I will look at questions tomorrow.

Descriptors are 1 and not 8 my mistake but 9
I could not propel myself in a wheelchair as my shoulders and arms are weak due to my condition

Sunshine

More
3 years 5 months ago #253391 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa awaiting group
Sunshine

The requirement for Descriptor (9) is quite high, have a look at our Claim guide to see how to explain your problems with this activity.

Make sure you make it clear that you cannot propel a wheelchair, you cannot rely on the assessor of the Decision Maker coming to the conclusion on their own.

Gordon

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.